Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Featured Author: Zora Marie


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Zora Marie!!






 Zelia by Zora Marie

            High Fantasy with dark threads
           
            Blurb: A dark heritage buried deep. Powers beyond her control. A fate beyond imagining.

Raised by elves, the true secret of her heritage is hidden from her until the day she discovers she is nothing more than a weapon to be wielded by the will of the elder mages. Fighting against her fate, fearful of how her powers unleash themselves to harm friend and foe alike, Zelia seeks only to be free to live without bringing danger to those she loves.



Buy links:
Amazon all other: http://mybook.to/Zelia



About Zora Maire:
Zora Marie is not only an author, but also an actress and an artist. She is currently working on a BFA in graphic design and paying for it with her three part-time jobs. Between all of that she has written, edited, and released her first of many novels. We could ramble on about her, but instead let’s allow her answers to the following questions give us a little insight to who she is.


Interview With Zora Marie:
 
    1.     Can you tell us a little about your books?
Zelia is a unique story, while I dance around troupes, I also try to approach her emotional journey in a way that an actual person would react. I say emotional because her physical journey is nothing that anyone could survive, what alone the fact that there are wizards, dragons, elves, dwarves, and she can talk to animals.
The mythology in the story is my own creation, a mixture of Greek and Norse mythology if you will. The gods actually started out as Norse if we’re being honest, but after a while it became clear that they weren’t so I pushed them further into their own beings and it opened doors for the story to really unfold. 

    2.     What inspires you to write?
Everything, the world around us, my past, mythology, art, the messages that can be conveyed, all of it has a part to play in why I write. 

    3.     If you could be friends with one of your character, which one would you chose?
Now that’s a tough one, I love so many of my characters. If I had to choose just one, I would have to say Eargon, he’s such a caring soul. I would explain further, but he is someone I want you all to meet when the time is right. 

    4.     Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Structure? What’s that?
You may think I’m joking, but outside of college classes my life does not currently have structure. I wish I could say it did, but working three part-time jobs on top of everything else doesn’t really allow for what I consider structure. 

    5.     Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
Um, water, past that I usually get so into my writing that everything around me falls away. 

    6.     Do you have a favorite spot to write?
At my desk, at home, where I seldom am as of late is my favorite spot to write. Luckily I get a lot of writing in at other places. 

    7.     If your fairy godmother waved her wand and whisked you away to the location of your choice, which place would you choose, and why?
Depends on if we’re talking fantasy or real life. If fantasy and more specifically my writing, I would go to Elyluma. Elyluma is a place where nature and home are one in the same. Besides, I have a bit of a thing for horses. 

    8.     What are writing projects are you currently working on?
Currently, I’m working on the second book of Zelia’s series. It picks up right where book one stops and takes her on a journey to accept the things that happen in the first book. I can’t really tell you more without giving spoilers so I must bite my tongue for now. I can tell you that I do have an audiobook in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment