Sunday, February 11, 2018

Featured Author: Mary Nova

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Mary Nova!!




 
Scorched
(Series) The Scorched Trilogy
Contemporary Romance

Book Synopsis:
Nicoletta Clark is young and gorgeous, an up-and-coming photographer making her mark in the art world. To top it all off she meets Zavier, a sexy billionaire. Everything seems to be going her way. But no one has it all, no matter how it seems.

Zavier Soto is a billionaire Internet entrepreneur and he’s a catch. In fact, he’s been caught many times-by all the wrong women. Determined to protect his heart, he plays the field with a love ‘em and leave ‘em recklessness, and when the passion cools, so does he. When he meets Nicoletta, he’s drawn to her beauty and air of raw sexuality, and he wants her, badly.  

Despite Nicoletta’s wild attraction to the steamy stranger, she isn’t anyone’s usable toy. She’s had romantic troubles of her own, having picked her share of Mr. Wrongs. She’s done with the scorching-hot bad boys; the cheaters, and money-takers. She’s looking for a love that will last.

Can Nicoletta and Zavier find common ground? How can they find a compromise when he wants to keep it casual, refusing to open his heart, and she refuses to settle, longing for something real?

Sensual, Witty, Poignant,  
The Scorched Trilogy

Book Buy Links:
Website:
Amazon:
Smashwords:
Goodreads:


 About Mary Nova:
MARY NOVA is the author of erotica as well as contemporary romance, including the Scorched series. Mary is a native Mid-Westerner, currently ensconced in the Minneapolis, MN area. She’s a die-hard, bleed-purple Vikings fan, and spends the untenable Minnesota winters watching football and playing Texas Hold ‘em…when she’s not writing.
But what really roots Mary in Minnesota are friends, family, and lively conversations with lots of laughter and a nice glass of wine.
Mary invites you to write her at authormarynova@gmail.com  because it’s you, whether a one-time-reader or a superfan, who keeps her going.  It also warms her frigid winters!

Social Media Links:
Website: 
Twitter:
Instagram
Facebook:




Interview With Mary Nova:
 
  1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
    So far, I've primarily written contemporary romances with a heavy dose of sexy time. But I really like to go beyond the sexy, so I spend a lot of time on character development. I like to people my stories with intelligent, funny, unique individuals that you'd want to hang out with, even if they're flawed. 
     
  2. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
    I've written four books: The Scorched Trilogy, and a stand-alone book, Polly Ticks. That one is much darker, regarding sexual politics and the conceit and abuse of male power, which is much in the news these days.
    As for my favorite, I'd have to say Scorched has a special place in my heart. It was my first, and like a first I eagerly surrendered to it with excitement, anticipation, and a little fear of the unknown, all culminating in a good deal of satisfaction. And as a first, it shows a lack of experience. I've improved my technique since then.😏Too much info? 
     
  3. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
    I prefer to write in the late morning through the afternoon. I'd love to say I'm a morning person and I wake up with gusto, but my brain doesn't function with any creativity until well past 10am.
     
  4. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
    I don't have any favorite nibbles when I write. I usually grab some non-gobby, non-crumbly finger food to munch on so I don't gum up the computer. I kind of like sitting with a bag of baby spinach. It's like eating chips without the mess. But when I finish writing, I'm starving!
     
  5. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
    Yes, I have a nice spot in front of the sliding glass door to the back yard. I posted a pic of this recently on my Instagram and Twitter.
     
  6. Which of your characters would you like to meet in person and why?
    I'd like to meet most of them, with the exception of Dexter in Polly Ticks, because they all interest me. However, besides my main characters, I'd really like to hang out with Cassie, Nicoletta's best friend in the Scorched series. Although, I suppose I do, because she's modeled on my best friend. 
    I'd also love to meet Sonja, Nicoletta's gallery owner. She cracks me up. I'd love to say the things she does!
     
  7. If you were a super hero, what would your superpower be?
    Oh, wow. Great question! Can I be greedy and have two? For myself I'd like to be able to move things with my mind. Goodbye housework, hello lottery balls! For my second power, I'd like to have the power to evaporate from mankind's minds all intolerance of differences and fear of the unknown. Goodbye war and "isms". Hello curiosity and enlightenment!
     
  8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
    The next project is The Purple Chain, a dystopian tale of consensual exhibitionism. Synopsis:

    Everyone wants to be seen, but when people want to watch you have sex, it’s a following unlike any other.

    Strayia Di Silva is a milli-percenter, so exquisitely gorgeous she’s human perfection.  On her twenty-first birthday she accepts a new classification offer, signing the seasonal contract that requires her to perform sexually for the wealthiest one percent, the Uber Rels (Uber Relevants).  In exchange, she might earn enough ViewMe credits to save her family. And though Strayia has resigned herself to wear the purple choke chain that signals her new status, deeming her off-limits to all but those who can afford to watch, she struggles with the need to provide sexual stimulation to the very establishment that created her family’s predicament.  

    Luca Donati has worn the purple chain before.  The previous year, he won a coveted MVP Award, Most Viewed People, allowing him to return for a second season.  Determined to repeat his sensational success and rack up ViewMe credits to enrich his life, he latches onto Strayia at the exhibition training center.  

    Paired by the center’s Auditors, Strayia finds surprising chemistry with Luca.  As she works intimately with him, developing titillating performances that will earn her the ViewMe’s she desperately needs, she fights her attraction to the shallow player who seems to revel in the deviance of exhibitionism.  But Luca isn’t as shallow as he leads everyone to believe.  He has a secret, compelling motive for accepting his exhibition contract.

    Through the intimate workings of their uneasy partnership, Strayia and Luca must find the trust needed to achieve their common goals: Earn enough ViewMe’s to make their sacrifice worthwhile, and come out of such vulnerable exposure whole, and unaffected. 


No comments:

Post a Comment