Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Interview With Louise James






Interview With Louise James:

1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I am a creative, loquacious Southern artist who has always liked to tell a good story. After I retired as a public and collegiate art educator, I needed to reinvent myself. Thanks to the encouragement of professionals, friends and family, I have found a new passion—writing fantasy and paranormal stories.

I have always been a mental traveler, reading books and physically traveling across much of the USA and Canada. I have been actively writing for three years, publishing late in 2017. It is my hope that my work reaches across generations, entertaining multiple audiences. I want my readers to escape through fantasy, mentally traveling to other worlds and to find a smile, friend or foe, written between the pages of the stories I write.


3. Can you tell us a little about your book?

Book Synopsis

Long ago, a powerful coalition of Wizards and Witches—The Ancient Seven—began a quest to recover hallowed grounds in the Earthling Realm. The day had arrived to claim Hailstone Hamlet! A Dark Wizard, Lord Haydron, expected no one to survive the destruction, but he was wrong. An apprentice Healer miraculously survived with no memory of what occurred, but why was she spared?

Unexpectedly, her locket opened as if by Magik, and a cheery old woman speaking in a funny accent appeared.

“Come for ye have I. Away from here ye must stay. Troubles come with darkness of night; the Watcher protects and the Lantern lights.”

Ewallea assures her that she will remain by her side as they seek answers. Overwhelmed and injured, Amellea fainted only to wake in the arms of a handsome young man, riding upon the most beautiful creature she had ever seen. Believing she was spared for a purpose and their destinies are entwined, the Hunter pledges to help her locate friends and family.

The feisty beauty and her new companions find themselves on a journey of unexpected adventures to reach an enchanted forest, filled with mischievous fantastical creatures.


3. Using one sentence, can you describe The Watcher?

The Watcher is a classic story of good vs. evil using a magical curse as a vehicle for character voices to deliver the struggle.


4. How did you choose the genre you write in?

Well I have only begun to publish so who knows what genre I will write most. However, I have always had a zeal for the metaphysical. Yes, I am confident that I will always write Fantasy Fiction. I have a heart for young adult readers; those readers stuck between that awkward stage of too young or too old reading material. I feel the need to write to feed the imagination. The imagination needs feeding to be creative--looking at art, making art, capturing beautiful images, dancing or listening/playing music does it for some, nature and adventure does it for others. Reading is for mental travelers. Imagination is my brush and words are my newest medium for me. Writing is painting with words. --Voltaire


5. When did you know you wanted to write a book?

I got sick with Fibromyalgia which is acerbated by stress; I don’t do mediocre so, I got worse as my world began to spiral out of control. Over time I did get better for periods of time and reading became my escape; it always has been since I was four along with making my art. I needed to re-invent myself and work with what remained of me, so I started journaling and drawing. I became active in several reader groups on Facebook, even beta read for some authors. I started a blog and my son started reading it. I did not know it at first, but he commented that I could write. My sun [sic.] is the English Professor and he has been writing in journals since he was a little tike, so I expected him to be the writer in the family. I started free writing and that is how my writing career began.


6. What is a usual writing day like for you, how is it structured?

Up early with my doggie poo, Stella Jane, coffee (copious amounts of coffee). No conversation until coffee is consumed in the morning unless it is with Stella Jane. My husband learned that years ago. Everyone off to work including me, except my office/studio is at home now. I check my personal and promotional calendar because part of my disability is FOG, i.e., BRAIN FOG. I write everything down. I have stacks of journal books for everything – a journal for each book/series I write, branding, publishing notes, handwritten character sketches complete with conversations and the ‘Almighty Promo Bible’ (no offense intended) for all publishing, promotion and advertising commitments. Rest periods -- for walking my companion Stella, vegetable gardening, Social Media posts. I usually write in the morning or late night when I can’t sleep from pain or characters will not hush so I can. However, I do take 10-15-minute power naps during the day. I also sit and read in the sun – Vitamin D the natural way. I like to do research late at night because it is quiet, furiously making notes and drinking in all I can find for my new project.



7.  Do you have a favorite spot to write? 

I love to write in my Office Studio, but I also love writing at the beach. The ocean replenishes my soul. The smells and sounds refresh me. I always say I like the way the land moves here [beach]! I also love the mountains, but I don’t get to go there too much, too cold for me.


8. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?

COFFEE! Blueberries and chocolate expresso beans for a REAL pick-me-up!


9. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?

Healing. I want everyone to be WELL, when you have your health, you have everything!


10. What are writing projects are you currently working on?

Troubles with NymphsBook 2 of The ENT Chronicles series is almost ready for editing. The cover is complete and just as beautiful as The Watcher. It releases in late February 2018. My ambitious plans include publishing the complete series by December 2018.

I have another young adult standalone book publishing in March 2018. It has me so excited because it is my first “fantasy thriller.” The cover has just been completed and I love it! The main character is a sea captain who returns home but not the way he left. 

I am also writing my first Adult PNR Fantasy! Book one in the series publishes early June 2018; just in time for beach reading.



 Long ago a powerful coalition of wizards and witches—The Seven—began a quest to recover hallowed grounds in the Earthling Realm. The day had arrived to claim Hailstone Hamlet! A Dark Wizard, Lord Haydron expects no one to survive the destruction, but he was wrong.

An apprentice Healer miraculously survives with no memory of what occurred but, why was she spared?
Unexpectedly, her locket opens as if by magik, and a cheery old woman speaking in a funny accent appears.
“Come for ye have I. Away from here ye must stay.

Troubles come with darkness of night; The Watcher protects and The Lantern lights.”

Ewallea assures her that she will remain by her side as they seek answers. Overwhelmed and injured, Amellea passes out only to wake in the arms of a handsome young man, riding upon the most beautiful creature she had ever seen. The Hunter believes she was spared for a purpose and their destinies are entwined. He pledges to help her locate friends and family.

The feisty beauty and her new companions find themselves on a journey of unexpected adventures to reach an enchanted forest, filled with mischievous fantastical creatures.




STALK Louise James here:


@GOlouisejames
@GOAuthorlouisejames
Louise’s Secret Watchers (FB Group)  www.facebook.com/groups/LJamesSW
Louise’s Secret Watchers (FB Email)  LJamesSW@groups.facebook.com



1 comment:

  1. Thanks girls for a great way to get to know about Louise James.

    ReplyDelete