Sunday, August 20, 2017

Featured Author: S.P. Cervantes

Welcome Today's Featured Author
S.P. Cervantes!



An Impossible World



My new release, AN IMPOSSIBLE WORLD, is being described as a “fast-paced”, “emotional read” that is grabbing the attention of readers who don’t normally read dystopian romance with its “unique”, “well-written” storyline.
Fear. Love. Revenge. Strength ... all come together in this epic tale of fate and survival.


 Blurb:
What would happen if terrorism spread and hate took over? What would the world become?

Isabella (Belle) Grey trained her entire adult life to protect those around her––training that would prove invaluable in her quest to make a new life. Forced to live in an impossible world, terror was not only outside the walls of her protected community but also raged behind the walls of her very own home.

No longer willing to put up with her husband’s drunken abuse, Belle made the desperate decision to run away from the safety of her community and escaped alone into the broken world beyond.

Chased by death as bombs exploded in the distance, her next decision could not only save her life but could potentially bring light back into her darkened soul.

When faced with the impossible, Belle found strength in an unsuspecting stranger who set her path in a new direction––one she never considered.

Fear. Love. Revenge. Strength ... all come together in this epic tale of fate and survival.






 

Buy Links:


About S.P. Cervantes:
S.P. Cervantes is a young adult and adult contemporary cross-genre romance writer, who after writing short stories in middle school, followed that dream until taking the plunge, penning her popular Romance/Fantasy series Secrets of Shadow Hill. This was the turning point in her career. Followed up by her contemporary romance stand alone series, A Broken Fairy Tale, and the stand alone romance, The Wife, S.P. has earned the praise of readers and received excellent reviews. 
Check out S.P. Cervantes’s new dystopian romance, An Impossible World, that is catching readers attention everywhere.
 S.P. Cervantes graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from California
State University Fullerton, and has a Master’s Degree in Education. She lives in Orange County, California with her husband and three children, where she is a teacher. She enjoys spending time with her family, writing, reading, and running, but is always thinking of an idea for her next novel.


Twitter:  @spcervantes



stopian romance with its “unique”, “well-written” storyline.
Fear. Love. Revenge. Strength ... all come together in this epic tale of fate and survival.

 Interview With S.P. Cervantes:
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?  
 I currently have eight cross-genre romance novels published.  I LOVE writing romance, but also love the dystopian and fantasy genres, and had to branch out a few times to really let my creativity soar.  My current novel, AN IMPOSSIBLE WORLD, is a dystopian romance, that is very fast paced and focuses on navigating life in a world that is falling apart.  Many people have said that even though they’re not necessarily dystopian fans, they loved AN IMPOSSIBLE WORLD because its plot was filled with romance.
 
2. What inspires you to write?  
 Many things inspire my books, but nothing more than music.  I love to listen to music when I run, and most of my ideas come from listening to music as I let my thoughts drift to anything but the fact that I’m exercising LOL.

3. Do you have a favorite spot to write?  
 I mainly do my writing in my room, where I can hide away from my kids.  I have a beautiful office downstairs, but somehow always find myself hiding away in the privacy of my room, where there aren’t as many distractions from my three adorable, but loud kiddos.
 

4. Do you have any “odd” writing habits?   
A not so odd thing about my writing habits is that I always need to have Diet Coke, Doritos (or some chip) and some sort of chocolate treat.  I’m an absolute snacker while I write…hence the reason for running. 
 
5. Do you listen to music while you write?  
 I absolutely listen to music while I write.  I like to make a playlist that fits the mood of my story to inspire me.  During AN IMPOSSIBLE WORLD, I listened to a lot of Imagine Dragons and James Arthur. I’m currently working on a new novel and am actually naming each chapter after the song that I feel will make the perfect soundtrack for the book.

6. Do you have a favorite character to write about?   
That’s like asking my favorite child! LOL.  I love all of my characters, but when writing AN IMPOSSIBLE WORLD, I worked very hard to develop characters that were conflicted, but mature and strong.  It was a challenge given the situation they were all put in, and I found myself falling equally in love with Keagan and Christian. 
 
7. What are writing projects are you currently working on? 
 As I said above, I’m currently working on a contemporary romance that’s called The Worst of Me. It’s definitely the most angsty book I’ve written, and as you can tell from the title, while it has an HEA, it is about a woman’s journey through love, loss, and finding the best in yourself.
 
8. Are you attending any Author Signing Event this year? 

 Yes! Currently I’m attending the Wunderlust Los Angeles Event next June, but am hoping to get to some more before that.

9.     If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?   

      I would love to have the ability to fly.  I HATE to fly on airplanes…like hate hate hate.  I don’t like that word, but that’s the only word to describe how I feel weeks before I get on that plane.  So if I’m at a signing anywhere other than Southern California, you should know we need to get a glass of wine together, because I’ll most likely be internally freaking out about having to get on a plane again.

No comments:

Post a Comment