Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Featured Author: Jayme L Townsend

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Jayme L Townsend!!



The Rogue Secret


Follow Max’s journey from ordinary boy to rock star.
When he first sets eyes on Poppy he knows his life is about to change, he can see the life he wants with her...
 
 


About Jayme L Townsend:
Jayme is a twenty one year old Author who lives with her family and animals in the UK.

Her writing career began in early 2014, with her first book, Held to Randsom being released in December 2014. 

She has since gone on to publish four other Contemporary Romance books, Held by Randsom, Hart, Reflection and Eighth Night.

Jayme has also published a Children's book, The Legend in the Forest which was inspired by her younger cousins and their love of reading.


SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Twitter, Instagram & Snapchat – jaymeltownsend
Facebook – jaymeltownsendauthor

 Interview With Jayme L. Townsend: 

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
I write Contemporary Romance, Young Adult and Children’s books, I’m a firm believer in happy endings and although that’s not always realistic I just feel like no one needs any more sadness than the world provides. I always try and emphasise the importance of the strength of my characters friendships and relationships with their partners/families because after all a good unit around you is everything.

2. What is your newest release?
My newest release is called The Rogue Secret and it follows Max on his journey from ordinary boy to Rock Star… somewhere along the way he meets Poppy and the rest is up to fate.

3. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?
Books are just so personal that I could never really say that one given book will work universally for everyone, it really just depends what you like. As I’m a huge fan of music, the Randsom series, Eighth Night and The Rogue Secret are about Rock Stars whereas Hart is about a Film Star and Reflection is about a Business Man. It genuinely just depends on your preference and what you like in a leading man.

4. If you ever experience a case of writer’s block, how do you cure it?
I think how each person deals with writers block is completely different, for me I have to still be doing something creative. If I was struggling with writing and went off to clean the house it wouldn’t help – I have to read, craft or bake, something along those lines.

5. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
Majority of the time I use a rough outline, I plan out the main events of the book (the crucial parts that make the story whole) and from there I just write, if I plan too much my writing becomes clinical and something that I’m never pleased with.

6. What book did you enjoy writing the most and why?
I really adore writing and for each of the books there are a number of different reasons why I love that individual piece. However, one book that I look back on and without fail it always makes my heart sing is Held by Randsom which was my second book and the ending of Syd and Jude’s story. I just think there’s something so special about the events of that book and the time in their lives that nothing could come close to that – it was the perfect ending for them.

7. If you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose?
Hmm.. I think in terms of my own characters I would want to be Syd (from the Randsom series) Scarlett (from Eighth Night)or Poppy (from The Rogue Secret) each of those women are so important to me that I couldn’t not want to experience what they would in twenty four hours. From other people’s work I’d have to say Lou from Me Before you by JoJo Moyes.

8. Are you attending any Author Signing Event this year?
 Unfortunately I’m not. I was looking into attending a few but sadly with prior commitments to the charity that I run I wouldn’t be able to make it – there’s always next year !

9. What are you working on next?
I’ve just started work on Book #8 and it’s something completely different to anything that I’ve released before. It’s going well at the moment so hopefully that should be finished within a few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment