Friday, March 24, 2017

Featured Author: Kaitlyn Ashley


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Kaitlyn Ashley!!


Broken Boundaries

Blurb:
Kylie has always cared for her brother's best friend, Hunter. They've known each other nearly their whole lives; the three of them nearly inseparable until Kylie went off to college.

With her first year of college out of the way and a whole new perspective on her life back home, Kylie decides that going away to college isn't all it's cracked up to be, so she moves back home. The instant she sees Hunter again, Kylie realizes just how hard it's going to be to fight her attraction to someone who has become so much more to her.

Hunter is an athlete at heart; practicing, playing, breathing soccer is all he has ever known. All everyone ever thought he wanted, but Hunter has been holding back. As his senior year closes and scouts come calling, he knows it's time to decide what he really wants. It’s not soccer though; it’s Kylie.

As the two become closer than ever before, obstacles arise, putting their relationship to the test. Will they be able to come together as one, or will those boundaries permanently be broken?

Author Bio: Kaitlyn Ashley is a young college student pursuing her dream of being a writer. While she’s not studying as a business/psychology major, she’s either writing, working, reading, or watching sports, especially football and baseball! Her favorite things include summer, coffee, sarcasm, and of course being curled up with a good book. She currently resides in North Carolina, after having moved there from sunny Southern California.










Buy Link:

Goodreads Link:





About Kaitlyn Ashley:



Kaitlyn Ashley is a young college student pursuing her dream of being a writer. While she’s not studying as a business/psychology major, she’s either writing, working, reading, or watching sports, especially football and baseball! Her favorite things include summer, coffee, sarcasm, and of course being curled up with a good book. She currently resides in North Carolina, after having moved there from sunny Southern California. 

Social Media:
Instagram: kaitlynashleyauthor


Interview With Kaitlyn Ashley:

  1.  Can you tell us a little about your book?
    My book, Broken Boundaries, is a brother’s best friend book. I absolutely love this storyline! There are a few tear jerking moments, so you might be needing your pack of tissues. About the story: Kylie just finished up her freshman year of college. She decided she wants to transfer back home and go to the local university. Her brother, Luke, is a high school senior. Luke’s best friend is Hunter. They’re practically inseparable, but when Kylie comes back home, she begins to fall for Hunter. They both try to push away those feelings, but they can’t help but love one another. It’s a story of love, loss, and learning to love yourself. Warning: It does end in a cliffhanger. 
     
  2. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
    I knew I wanted to write a book probably in high school. I’ve been an avid reader for as long as I can remember, and reading books has always sparked something within me to write a book. I finally got the guts to sit down and do it, and I’m so glad I did. 

  3.  If you ever experience a case of writer’s block, how do you cure it?
    Ugh! Writer’s block is terrible. And real! Whenever I have writer’s block, I don’t write. I don’t try to force it, because that would just give me a headache, and that is the last thing I need! I normally either try to read something else, or watch some tv. Almost all the time, it will go away and I’ll go back to writing. 
     
  4.  Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
    Dr. Pepper and/or coffee! Load up on caffeine, right?! As far as snacks go, I love pretzels and goldfish! 
     
  5.  Do you have a favorite spot to write?
    I either write at the desk in my room, or on my bed. I don’t really have a favorite spot, but it has to be a quiet spot, because I get distracted easily. 

  6.  What is a usual writing day like for you?  How is it structured?
    A usual writing day for me involves me winging it. I tried using outlines before, and it was terrible. I ended up not wanting to write the book anymore, because I already knew every single step of the way. I like to be surprised on how the book flows. I don’t write everyday, because I’m in college full time, work, tutor, etc. I try to fit a lot of writing time in when I have a light course load, or whenever inspiration strikes. 

  7.   If  you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose?
    I would pick Josie from Heidi McLaughlin’s Beaumont series. That’s probably my favorite series I’ve ever read, and plus, who wouldn’t want to spend a day with Liam Page?

  8.  What are writing projects are you currently working on?
    I’m currently working on the second book in my Broken series, titled Broken Love. I’m hoping to have a May release for that one. I’m also working on a five book series about five brothers. These boys will be the death of me! They’re all competing to be the first brother released, so I don’t know who will be first. They’re the Jaxson Brothers: Grayson, Chase, Maddox, Reese, and Jagger. Each one will have their own HEA, and be completely different stories. I’ll have a second chance romance, and enemies to lovers, single father (possibly!), but we’ll have to wait and see how it all plays out. I’m hoping the first one will be released by August/September.

No comments:

Post a Comment