Sunday, October 30, 2016

Featured Author: J.A. Collard

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
J.A. Collard!!!



Tame Me, Book #1 in the Blood Brothers MC Series:

Blurb:
 
Tame Me is a story about how sometimes we can’t choose who we love, but how love has a way of choosing us, even if we know it’s wrong.I will give you time, Jasmine, but I'm not a patient man, believe me when I say I will make you mine in every way, it’s only just a matter of time...” Quill Owen wasn’t looking for love, but when innocent and beautiful Jasmine Marques turns up to his father’s hotel, he finds that he cannot ignore the unfamiliar feeling that’s burning within. As an ex-marine and current president of the Blood Brothers MC, Quill has obligations to uphold; never did he image that one woman whose feisty personality and sexy as hell body would turn his world upside down. He wanted her and he wasn’t going to take no for an answer. Jasmine Marques doesn’t understand the pull she feels towards the bad boy biker, Quill Owen. But she knows it’s unlike anything she has ever felt before and it doesn’t help that he’s hot as hell! She tries to ignore her bodies’ response to him, but Quill and fate have other plans for her. Will Jasmine submit to Quill’s desires? And if she does, how will they survive their pasts?
 
***WARNING*** This novel contains explicit language, sex, drugs, violence, and sexual situations that some might find offensive. This book is intended for adults 18+ years of age. This book contains a cliff-hanger and will continue in the second book in the Blood Brothers MC Series, titled Tamed.




 

 

 

About J.A. Collard:

J.A. COLLARD lives in Melbourne Australia and is a busy mum by day and a saucy writer by night. Her first book in the Blood Brothers MC Series was published in October 2016. 

As a child, she always had a passion for reading and that continued through to her adult years. It had always been a dream for her to write her own story, but all that was, was a dream. So one day with the kids tucked away in bed and her hubby left to his own devices, she decided to open up her laptop and make her dream a reality. Her characters had finally been given a chance to be in their own story. When not writing, J.A. Collard enjoys reading, dancing and spending time with her family and friends.




 Interview with J.A. Collard:
  1. Can you tell us a little about your book?
Tame Me is a story about how sometimes we can’t choose who we love, but how love has a way of choosing us, even if we know it’s wrong.
Jasmine is living her fairy tale, she’s a successful business owner and married to the love of her life, Nic Pasparedes who is a rich and successful Attorney. Life takes a turn when Nic is caught with a gambling addiction and loses everything, their mansion, cars and belongings; Jasmine is forced to divorce Nic and finds herself back at square one living with lifelong friend Luisa.
Jasmine’s divorce has her focusing all her time on her Floristry business, her promise to herself to never love and trust again is soon challenged when she catches the eye of the President of the Blood Brothers Motorcycle Club, (Quill). His dark and dominating looks of black hair, blue piercing eyes and a body like it was sculptured to perfection makes Jasmine feel a new sense of longing. Jasmine falls deep for Quill but with the constant reminder of his ex, Jess, who has been in his bed, takes its toll on her. She decides she’s not up for the challenge and runs away only to have Quill drag her back to his bed where she belongs.
This couple are faced with many challenges but their attraction to each other takes over them and they find they have no other choice but to be together. That is until the unthinkable happens...
  1. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
This is a very good question but at the same time very hard to answer. I’ve always loved books from when I was a child to my adult years. Romance has always been my favourite, especially when there’s a hot alpha male involved. (Swoon).
I guess it was in March of this year when I had finished watching Julia & Julia. For those who are not familiar with this movie and novel, it is a story about how an average woman works for an insurance company and who is bored in her career. As a child her mother used to cook recipes out of a French chefs cook book and whose name was also Julia. One day, Julia (not the chef) decided to create her own blog, which involved her cooking a recipe from Julia’s cook book for 365 days. She never believed in a million years that her blog would catch so many peoples interest but it did. Anyways to cut a long story short, she becomes famous because of her blog and has the opportunity to meet Julia, the chef.
I guess this movie, gave me the inspiration to take a chance on myself and finally write a story about the characters that had been begging me to come out and one day, I caved in and turned on my laptop while the kids were asleep and my husband was left to his own devices. I found that once I started typing, I couldn’t stop, the words just kept coming. I was like a machine. And that is how I created my first book, Tame Me.
  1. Where do you get your ideas?

Well, I started off with an idea of a beautiful and successful character that was the image of the girl next door and who throughout her life had always felt like she was missing something, especially in her marriage. I also knew I wanted a strong, alpha male character who not only was dominating but who I wanted my readers to love and swoon over. In reality I thought how could these characters lives come together, especially when they were from different lifestyles? When I got my answer, the rest just came together. That’s the joy when writing your own book; you can choose which way your story is going to head. Your story can be anything you want it to be. I love an alpha male who won’t take no for an answer and a heroine who cannot avoid the pull she feels towards a bad boy. Add in a biker and there you have it. I did however have to do a lot of research into biker clubs but it just made it all the more interesting.
  1. What do you do when you are not writing?

When I’m not writing, I’m usually getting lost in a romance novel. I’m a mum of two and am the meaning of Taxi Mum. I also work part time in HR but when not working, I enjoy spending time with the family, listening to music and watching movies.
  1. Do you ever experience writer’s block?
Most definitely. When this happens, I usually step away from my desk and focus on something else. Sometimes this could take a day or two. I find that listening to music also helps. The lyrics to a song you love can take you away to another place so I always ensure I have my music playing when I’m writing.
  1. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I just write. I have an idea of an outline in my head but I don’t really focus on that. I start at the beginning and work through. The words just flow out of me this way. Sometimes I’ll have an idea for a scene that I’m not ready to write yet, so I’ll quickly write it down so I don’t forget and can get back to it when I am ready.
  1. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
Coffee, coffee and more coffee. Oh and chocolate, I love chocolate. If it’s late and the kids are in bed, I may have a glass of red wine beside me.

  1. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
Well I’m currently writing Book #2 in the Blood Brothers MC Series, titled Tamed. My plan is to continue to write about other characters from Tame Me. I also have begun to write another

No comments:

Post a Comment