Thursday, September 22, 2016

Featured Author: Megan Lowe

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Megan Lowe!!!




Blurb:  
The Ryans have always had exceptionally bad luck in love. Reed Ryan avoided it by never falling in love, but meeting Bria Adams threatens all the boundaries he's put in place.

With a rival racing team at his door and his family's 'curse' always in the background, Reed knows he must overcome his fears in order to protect the woman who's found a place in his heart.

Will Bria succumb to the misfortune that seems to befall the women in love with the Ryan men? Or will she be the one to finally break the cycle?











Unintentional Anthology (released September 17 2016)







Their eyes had met a thousand times, their smiles always easy and honest. All it takes is that one moment for everything to change. When their eyes are opened, no longer does "just friends" seem good enough.
Fall in love with Unintentional: International Edition, a collection of nine friends-to-lovers HEA stories by nine amazing international authors. Happy ever afters really do come true.

YOU NEVER KNOW - Aria Peyton
When Miranda comes home engaged from a cruise, it doesn't take long for her bestie, Scott, to realise he feels something more for her. Will he get a chance to tell her or is he too late?

SEALED WITH A LOVING KISS - Ashlea Rhodes
Letters of hope and love help Alex through his darkest days and bring him closer to Heather, and a friendship and love that could last a lifetime.

TAKE A SHOT - Michelle Irwin
Holly thinks Logan is cute and sweet, much like a little brother. When the opportunity of a lifetime presents itself, will he take a shot to convince her he's no longer the kid she's looked out for since high school?

MIXED SIGNALS - A.L. Simpson
Best friends turn to each other in good times and bad. Can Piper help Dalton through tragedy or has their friendship been shattered?

JUST LIKE ALWAYS - Megan Lowe
When your best friend needs support, there's no hesitation in being there for her. It's also the perfect opportunity to let her know exactly how good things could be.

LOST WITHOUT YOU- Becca L'Amour
When your one chance at love leaves you torn in two, only memories remain. Can Anastasia and Jason's friendship and new-found love be repaired to what it once was?

TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF ONLINE DATING - Louisa Masters
Samantha turns to online dating to meet a man who'll make her heart beat faster, but it's her best friend —and friend with benefits—Levi who's there for her when dates go bad. Has her friendship with Levi become more than she thought?

CLAIMED AND BRANDED - Gaeille Vanderspek
Heart sore from watching her best friend tangled up in endless scandals with no-good women, Vicki Edwards decides to move to New York and start over. But Jared is determined to make her stay, and he's not afraid to play dirty.

FROM THE START - Eva King
Two old friends reunite under dramatic circumstances. Will the prison walls tear them apart or will they make their relationship stronger?






About Megan Lowe:
Megan Lowe is a lost journalism graduate who after many painful years searching for a job in that field, decided if she couldn’t write news stories, she would start listening to the characters whispering stories to her and decided to write them down.  She writes primarily new adult and contemporary romance stories with sport and music themes.

Based on the Gold Coast, Megan's heart belongs to New York City. When she’s not writing, she’s either curled up with a good book, travelling, or screaming at the TV, willing her sporting teams to pull out the win.



Interview With Megan Lowe:
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
They're contemporary romance or new adult romances with sports and/or music themes. The majority of them are set in Australia, which is where I'm from and based. 

2. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I have a degree in journalism, and spent years trying to get a job in that field without success. I've always loved reading and once I gave up until job hunting I started reading, a lot. I'd made a list (I'm a big list maker!) of things I liked with the thought of one day writing a book which featured those things. That's when I knew I wanted to write. I never thought that book would be published though!

3. Using one sentence, can you describe Breaking the Cycle?
It's a fast paced, full throttle Insta-love story with hot boys on bikes.

4. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I have a vague outline with moments I want to include. Sometimes those moment make it in, sometimes they don't. For the most part I try to let my characters guide me which is always an interesting ride!

5. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing? 
I'm living on flavoured water and, I don't know if you have this in America, but we have a company here called Allens, and they make a lolly (like gummy candy) mix made up of entirely red lollies; snakes, raspberries, red frogs, it's like the best thing ever and I have a jar full of them on my desk. I eat them way more than I should!

    6.  Do you listen to music while you write?
I do, I have to! I can't stand a quiet house! I majored in popular music at uni so it's a big part of my life. At the moment I'm listening to Halestorm, Green Day, Unwritten Law, An Aussie band called Hands like Houses, A Day to Remember and PVRIS. 

7.  Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Freddie Mercury. He had such a presence about him and an incredible voice. I saw Queen with Adam Lambert a few years ago and they were amazing but I would've loved to have had 
the opportunity to see Freddie perform. 
I'd also like to meet Alan Alda. I grew up with MASH so it's almost like he's a grandfather to me, he seems so lovely!

8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I've just finished Rocking Racers 2 (Breaking the Cycle is book 1), No Place to Hide. It's Cole and Knley's story. It took me a little longer to write than I expected and took more than a few turns so it was a very interesting experience.
I'm also working on another contribution for an Australian themed anthology my publisher is putting together. Currently it's titled Upside Down, Back to Front, but that could change.
As well as that I've begun work on Rocking Racers 3, which is Mav's story. I've got to admit, I didn't think much about Mav when writing BTC, but he popped up while I was writing No Place, and he's kind of stolen my heart. I'm really looking forward to digging in and getting his story on paper.




 

1 comment: