Saturday, July 23, 2016

Featured Author: Elaine May


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Elaine May!!


Unworthy by Elaine May

“This is all your fault.”
“You worthless piece of shit.”
“I hate you."
“He left us because of you.
“We live like this because of you. YOU GRACE.”
“You won’t amount to anything, you’re useless.”
“I wish I never had you, I hate you you're worthless.”
Those were the words that were told to me so many times as a child that I can only think of them as the truth. I lived by my own rules to protect my myself from more heart break, but that was until he came into my world... Until Samuel Harding.





The Truth Series 
For the first time Isla and Joshie's story is in one book and edited for your enjoyment.

Lies And Truth


When Isla Holmes life as a child is turned upside down and she is ripped away from her soul mate, she is forced to live a life with evil.
When Isla and her soul mate cross paths will they find a happy ever after or will evil intervene?

Pain And Truth

After years apart Isla and Joshua were finally reunited in a beautiful night but come morning evil tried to destroy it. Will Isla and Joshua's love with stand the new evil that threatens them? 






Before The Lies
If I had known from the beginning what he would do to me, would I have changed anything?
No
No matter what had happened with him I never would have been led down the path that brought me to my soul mate.
For that I could never be sorry.
I just wish I'd had time to make my time count.
I wish I'd been able to see her grow.
I wish I could have said goodbye, to have felt his touch one last time.
The other man in my life took that away from me but I would never change a thing.
Although he was my undoing he was also my saviour, I just wish I could have been his.

This is my part of the story.


Before The Lies is a prequel to Elaine May's successful Truth series, although it can also be read as a standalone novel. Readers should be aware of its uncompromising storyline as it depicts the harsh reailty of Rosa's story.



About Elaine May:
Elaine May is my Author name. I live in the South West of England with my two beautiful daughters and yummy hubby. I love reading dark and twisted tales that mess with your head. I love to travel and spending time with my family. My dream is for people to like what i've written and hopefully get to go to a book signing event as an author and sign my own books.

 Interview With Elaine May:

1.Can you tell us a little about your books?
 My books are a mixture of dark, suspense and romance.
The Truth Series tells the story of Isla and Joshua. Long lost friends who are torn apart by evil. When they meet up again years later will they know each other? When they cross paths will they find their happy ever after or will evil intervene?
Before The Lies tells Isla's mother's side of the story.
Unworthy is my stand alone and tells Grace and Samuel's story. She has a troubled pass and has her own agenda but when Samuel comes onto the seen he knows what he wants and he wants Grace and he's not used to being told no. What could happen?
2. How did you choose the genre you write in?
  I've always loved the darker reads, I get hooked from the first page and thats what i wanted in my own work. When Isla and Joshua first came to me it only seemed natural that their story was on the darker side. 

3. If you could be friends with one of your character, which one would you chose? 
  I think the one character I would want to be friends with would be Joshua, that's a lie really because I always pictured him more as boyfriend material. I know I shouldn't have one but my fav will always be Joshua. I love him and he came to me so easily and I picture him looking like Matt Bomer (yummy right?)

4. Do you work with an outline, or just write? 
 I do try and work with an out line. I like to have an idea before I write about how the story and characters will go.
5. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
  I tend to write on my sofa or on my bed. I like to have back ground noise on so i tend to have the TV on. If I'm writing something really nasty I like to have The Fall playing.

6. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?  
  Not really although if I could have a glass of wine and some chocolate every time I write I wouldn't say no.


7. What’s your favorite summertime activity?
 I love to spend time with my family. That could be at the park with my girls or in the garden at my mums with everyone around. We went to Florida recently and as I'm big Disney freak those were the best days. Spending days with my hubby and girls just the four of us in Magic Kingdom.
 
8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
At the moment I am trying to write a story for each of Isla and Joshua's children. I know pretty much whats going to happening I just need the time to do it. I'm also trying to get lots of info on life in Jersey during the second world war. It was the only park of the UK that was occupied by the Nazi's and a love story is brewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment