Thursday, June 23, 2016

Featured Author: Mary J. Williams



Welcome Today's Featured Author
Mary J. Williams!!

 



AFTER THE RAIN (One Pass Away Book One)

Welcome to the NFL.
The Seattle Knights have the hottest players in the game. On and off the field.

SECOND CHANCES

Logan Price is getting a second chance.
Claire Thornton is going to make sure it counts.

Logan Price was living his dream. After years of hard work he finally made it. Starting running back for the Knights.
After only a few games, he was a fan favorite. There were whispers of a rookie of the year award.
It all ended with a devastating injury to his leg that sent him back to Oklahoma. A failed attempt at a comeback sent him into a deep depression.
His life became about two things. Working at his father's bar, and running. One filled his days. The other made getting through the endless nights a little easier.
When an old friend offers Logan a lifeline, he's reluctant to grab hold. He could live without football--barely. But he didn't think he could survive getting his hopes up only to lose it all again.
Claire Thornton's dreams are just as big as Logan's. She left the small town where she was born, to make something of herself. It hasn't been easy. A woman with no money and no connections. Everything she has, she's earned. Helping Logan Price get back to the NFL will prove to her detractors that she can be a trainer. She is determined to make it in a male-dominated world.
The attraction is instantaneous.
The reasons not to get involved too numerous to list.
It only takes one kiss--one touch--for them to realize if they want their dreams to come true they need more than luck. They need each other.










After All These Years (One Pass Away Book 2) 

Welcome to the NFL.

The Seattle Knights have the hottest players in the game. On and off the field.

First Love. Second Chances.

Sean McBride is the bad boy/manwhore of the Seattle Knights football team. And he is happy to embrace the title. He's young. Rich. Handsome. And he's one of the best wide receivers in the game. Why shouldn't he take advantage of all the perks? Women throw themselves at him. Wouldn't it be rude not to catch them?

Riley Preston loves the game of football. The Knights are the most important thing in her life. Besides Sean.
Riley has loved Sean since she was seventeen but he has always seen her as a little sister.

Outside forces are trying to derail them and the team.
It is time for both of them to grow up. Together, nothing can stop them.

Watch out Sean. Your manwhore days are numbered.

 

https://www.amazon.com/After-These-Years-Pass-Away-ebook/dp/B01ENZPKB6





After The Fire (One Pass Away Book 3) 

In his lifetime, Gaige Benson has dreamed of only two things. Playing football and Violet Reed.

WELCOME TO THE NFL

The Seattle Knights have the hottest players in the game. On and off the field.

Second Chances. First Love.

Gaige Benson is the NFL's golden boy. He's done it all. Won every award. Except that elusive Super Bowl ring. This year he is hanging up his cleats and he plans on going out a winner.

Even a golden boy has secrets. Will Gaige's past be the one thing that derails his future?

Violet Reed almost lost it all. Her sight, her dreams of becoming a doctor, and the only man she ever loved. A miracle saved the first two. Sixteen years later she is getting her second chance at love.

Secrets kept them apart. Will the truth separate them forever?

Get your copy of the stand-alone sports romance readers are calling an emotional, page-turning thrill-ride.









About Mary J. Williams:
Want to know how to motivate yourself to write a book?
Have your favorite football team lose the Super Bowl.
On the last play.
With an interception.
The next day I was so depressed I tuned out all media. No TV, no internet, no newspapers--nothing. And I started to write. I'm still writing.
As you can see, a little motivation can do wonders.
Football will play a big part in a series of books due out next year. And since I'm writing the ending? No interceptions. Guaranteed. Please feel free to stop by my website and my Facebook page.
http://www.maryjwilliams.net/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mary-J-Williams/1561851657385417

Or sign up for my newsletter for tons of great contests and giveaways.
Newsletter: http://www.maryjwilliams.net/home.html
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1NBmJbl
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/maryj0675
Twitter: https://twitter.com/maryjwilliams05


Interview With Mary J. Williams:
 
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?

I write books about strong, independent women. If you want to put them into a category, contemporary romance fits as well as any. I never make the story about a woman desperate for a man. She doesn't need his approval, his money or his dominance (you know what I mean). My characters meet on a level playing field. There are always obstacles to overcome--many, many obstacles. But I like to concentrate on the interaction between my protagonists. They learn about each other through conversations that can take them in surprising directions (trust me, they often surprise even me).
I write the kind of book I like to read. That means I don't follow fads or what I think is popular at the moment. I love a bit of suspense or mystery thrown in but my books are always character driven.

2. When did you know you wanted to write a book?

In my early teens I fell in love with historical romance novels. I grew my hair long dreaming of it blowing in the wind as I rode a horse with my hero. That changed when I discovered contemporary romances. I like a modern woman with a million choices about her life, her profession and the man she wants to spend her life with.

3. What inspires you to write?

Everything. I get ideas all the time--usually when I least expect it. Mowing the lawn is a favorite this time of year.


4. Do you have a favorite spot to write?

I always imagined myself writing in field of wildflowers. The joke is on me. Nature is too distracting. Birds, squirrels, dogs. You name it, it takes me out of the story. So I find myself in my basement. One little window of sunlight. The quiet. The dark. It helps me dream.

5. Do you have a favorite character to write about?

The one I'm on at the moment. I fall in love easily--with my heroes and heroines.

6. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?

If you love your men sweaty and in shoulder pads, start with AFTER THE RAIN (One Pass Away Book One). I love Logan and Claire's story of second chances.

7. If  you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose?

Eve Dallas in J. D. Robb's In Death series. She is a kickass police lieutenant and she is married to the my choice for the sexiest book hero ever--Roarke.

8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?

Book three of my One Pass Away series publishes June 22nd. AFTER THE FIRE. Gaige is the hero we all dream of. I can't wait to share him with everyone. Then in July it is the final book in my Hollywood Legends series. Wyatt Landis had a rough first marriage--to put it mildly. He deserves his happily ever after. And Joie is the perfect woman for him.
In August book one of a brand new series will hit the ebook world. FLOWERS ON THE WALL (Hart of Rock and Roll Book One). Each consecutive month will bring another book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment