Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Featrued Author: Jemma Bell


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Jemma Bell!!




 Moxie Girl 
 
Layla King is a free spirit. Her lifestyle and attitude are just as colorful as the tips of her spiked hair and vast collection of Doc Martens.
She’s only ever relied on and trusted one person, her best friend Amy. That is until she meets Riven. He’s a guy that if she’s not careful will break down her walls and see the real person she’s hiding inside. When things get too heavy for Layla to handle she kicks Riven to the curb.
Riven is a happy go lucky goofball, he tries to take very little in life seriously. Layla is everything he’s ever wanted in a girl, sexy, beautiful, spunky, honest to the point of pain and she just broke his heart.
Finding a way to live without one another is proving impossible. All other girls pale in comparison to Layla’s spark and all other guys fall way too short compared to Riven. They both want what they think they can’t have, each other.
Just when it seems like Riven and Layla can start living without each other, life throws them the biggest curveball of all time. Will they come together and have their happily ever after or will they go their separate ways with shattered hearts?
 
 




 
 
 
 
 



 

 Nerd Girl
 
 
 
 Amy Jenkins is your typical bookish Nerd Girl. She believes her heart will be safer crushing on fictional characters than the real thing. As her bad luck would have it she runs into her favorite book boyfriend in the most unlikely of places. Derrick Walker is a cover model for a world famous author. He has a busy schedule and never expected to have the girl of his dreams literally fall at his feet. The Nerd Girl and The Hunk in love. Can a relationship work between these two? Along for the ride are smart aleck best friends, an agent who makes the wicked witch look like a girl scout and a coonhound named Clyde. Nerd Girl is sure to be a wild ride.
 
 


 


Author Jemma Bell:

Hello world, I’m Jemma Bell. I released my debut novel Nerd Girl back in August of 2015 and just recently released book two entitled, Moxie Girl. These two books are the first of what I hope to be a five book series called The Modern Girls series.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I’m the mother of three terrific kids and the wife to the man of my dreams. I met Mr. Bell at a country western night club and when I saw his Watermelon Crawl I simply swooned. His rear end looked fabulous in those Wrangler jeans as well. As the story goes we dated for a few years and got married. A few years after that the babies joined us and now we live the poster life of the modern suburban family. I’m a stay at home mommy to my three and an avid reader. I had the opportunity of meeting my favorite author at an event and she simply blew me away. She's a wonderful woman with a challenging past. Going to this event and meeting her inspired me to start writing.

So here I am a little over a year later with two of my own books out in the world. My advice to any aspiring author is this, you never know when inspiration will strike, but when it does, run with it. It may take you to great things.
I hope you enjoy the fruits of my labor and can relate to my characters.
Jemma Bell


Where to find Jemma:
Facebook:

Fan Group:
Jemma's Naughty Nerds

Goodreads:

Twitter:
@JemmaBellAuthor



Interview With Jemma Bell:
 
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
 I write romantic comedy. There's a little bit of angst, a touch of badassery, a lot of sizzle, and laughs on every page. I beleive in the Happily Ever After and you'll get one of those as well.
Who was more fun to write about, Amy or Layla? Layla, she is exactly the kind of friend I'd love to have, but still haven't found.

2. When did you know you wanted to write a book? 
Driving back home from a book event. The rough idea for Nerd Girl just kept coming to me.
 
3. Do you work with an outline, or just write? 
A very loose outline, it's more like random thoughts that somehow get incorrporated into the story.
 
4. Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day? 
Nope, just what ever comes to me that day and I get typed up. I try not to put pressure on myself. I write because it's fun for me. When it stops being fun, I stop.
 
5. Which book has been your favorite to write?
Moxie Girl

6. Do you have a favorite spot to write?  
My kitchen table so I can see what my kids are up to from every angle. I have 3 so they make life very interesting. 

7. Do you listen to music while you write? 
Not really, I appreciate silence (which I don't get very often) I do listen to music when I drive and that will sometimes spark an idea.
 
8. What are you working on next? 
Book 3 is in the works,  The title is Material Girl and it's Mitzi's story. (I know shocking, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment