Monday, November 23, 2015

Featured Author: Lynn Chandler Willis

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Lynn Chandler Willis!!!!



 Wink of an Eye by Lynn Chandler-Willis  


When twelve-year old Tatum McCallen finds his father, a deputy sheriff, hanging from a tree in their west Texas backyard, he sets out to restore his dad's honor and prove he didn't kill himself. He and his disabled grandfather hire reluctant Private Investigator Gypsy Moran, who has his own set of problems. Like a double-cross that sent him fleeing Vegas in the middle of the night.

Gypsy agrees to help the kid and his grandfather, Burke, because he feels sorry for them. Burke, a former deputy sheriff now confined to a wheelchair is all Tatum has left. When Tatum shows Gypsy a private file his dad had been keeping, Gypsy knows the kid's father was on to something when he died. Eight missing girls, a cowardly sheriff, and undocumented workers are all connected to the K-Bar Ranch.

Gypsy is quite familiar with the K-Bar Ranch. Before running off to Vegas, he spent his summers as a teenager working for ranch owner Carroll Kinley while romancing Kinley's beautiful daughter Claire. But Claire, now married to a state senator, is managing the ranch now and is more involved with the case Tatum's father was secretly investigating than Gypsy wants to admit.

Aided by adolescent Tatum and reporter Sophia Ortez, Gypsy begins pulling the pieces of the puzzle together, but it could end up costing him his life. Or worse—Tatum's life.
 
 

About Lynn Chandler Willis:
  
 Lynn Chandler Willis is the first woman in a decade to win the St. Martin's Press/Private Eye Writers of America Best 1st P.I. Novel competition with her novel, WINK OF AN EYE. The novel went on to be named a Shamus Award finalist. Her debut novel, THE RISING, won the Grace Award for Excellence in Faith-based fiction. She lives in North Carolina where, during the daytime, she babysits 8 of her 9 grandchildren and at night, she writes about killing people. The two may be related. 
 
Facebook Author page: http://on.fb.me/1QFAP0F


Interview With Lynn Chandler Willis:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
I have three published books and although all three are considered mysteries, they're vastly different. My first published book was a true crime called Unholy Covenant, about a murder in North Carolina. My second, and debut novel, The Rising, is an inspirational mystery about a little boy who is found badly beaten and abandoned and the assigned detective whose personal life is spiraling out of control. Wink of an Eye is about a private investigator on the run from a double cross, who runs home to the tiny town in west Texas called Wink (a real-life town!). He's prodded by his sister to "look into" the case of a 12-year-old boy's father's supposed suicide. And then it gets complicated!
 
2. What book is your most recently published book?
WINK OF AN EYE, the winner of the St. Martin's Press/PWA Best 1st P.I. Novel competition and Shamus Award finalist. 
 
3. How did you choose the genre you write in? 
I've always been fascinated by the "mystery" of everything! Whether it's crime, or family dynamics, or a star-crossed lovers' saga, the true mystery is why people do the things they do, why they behave a certain way and what leads them to chose a particular path to follow.

4. What inspires you to write?
 My main characters inspire me to bring them to life. They have wonderful stories to tell and I hope I do them justice.
 
5. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
 It's so simple and plain, but I really do enjoy writing at my desk in the corner of my living room. Writing is such a big part of my life, I never wanted to shut it away in the spare bedroom so I brought it our, front and center to where I live and thrive.

6. If you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose? 
Christopher Robin, to remind me how truly beautiful innocence is.

7. Do you work with an outline, or just write? 
I have to have an outline. It may be as simple as one or two sentences of what happens next, but I need that direction or I'll wander all over the place and three years later, might have a few chapters finished.

8. What's one random fact about yourself that you can share? 
I take these spells where I try to be a little too independent and usually mess things up. Case in point—my car needed coolant so I thought I can do this, I am woman, right? Except I added it to the wrong little container and my son had to come flush my brake line for me.

9. What are you working on next? 
The sequel to Wink of an Eye, called Wink and a Nod. I'm over half way finished with that one and will begin work on Hush Now: An Ava Logan Mystery, the sequel to NoBody's Baby. NoBody's Baby is currently being shopped by my agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment