Sunday, November 22, 2015

Featured Authir: Amanda Kay


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Amanda Kay!!


Dragon Warriors by Amanda Kay
Book Note: FOR 18+ ONLY
Romance, Dragons, and F/F a different style for me I'm excited about Venia and Kalin's love affair.

Synopsis: Venia didn’t know what to do but she knew she couldn’t stay where she was. She packed up her room in the only home she ever knew and RAN.

She ran far away.

Her dreams were becoming reality and she couldn’t take her life anymore. Gary was pushing for marriage but in her dreams there was only HER.

Kalin knew she was coming and she wasn’t planning on letting her escape when she got there. She would convince her the dragon world was her calling, but more than that she’d convince Venia that she belonged in her arms and her arms alone.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Buy Links  (Available with Kindle Unlimited) : 


Fairy Tales with a Twist 
(Limited Time Collection,Available till Jan.31st)

A Limited Time Collection of Werewolves, Shifters, Ghosts, and Vampires.
Happily Ever After with a twist. It’s about the Journey. (Only for 18+)
Collection includes:
The Hunter Jackson Tales
Perspective Shift
Fight for Her
The Liger Treaty
Won’t Cross Over
Haunted by My Rock Chick
Past and Present Collide
And The Search Series (The Prince Charming Search, The Happily Ever After Search, Their Heart Search, The Freedom Search, and The Mother Daughter Search)

Buy Links(Available with Kindle Unlimited)

Whispering Wind Excerpt Unedited, Copyrighted 2015/2016
-The Past-
25 Years Ago 
1990: I wasn't quite sure what was going on. My parents had dressed me in a black and white dress we had got the day before. "Mommy is Kamila going to be there?" I asked. My mom gave me a sad look. I hadn't seen my best friend Kamila in a week. She had been sick and I hadn't been allowed to visit.
            My mother and I had walked to Kamila's house when she first got sick. I had picked her favorite wild flowers on the way next door. A man in a white coat had come out of Kamila's room closing the door behind him. His eyes were filled with a sadness that grew to concern has they landed on me.
            "Mrs. Kane it’s not wise for Leona to be here." He looked back to the door of Kamila's room and sighed. I tugged on my mother's hand drawing her eyes to me. I wanted to see Kamila.
            "What does she have doctor?" My mother addressed.
            "Measles." he stated firmly walking out of the house. She didn't speak instead we tore out of the house and back to our home. The flowers that had been in my hand fell to their front porch step.
            That was seven days ago. I still didn't understand why I couldn't see Kamila. I understood she wasn't feeling well. A lot of times I got sick too. Warm honey usually helped, but that man who was at Kamila's house I had never seen before. "Mommy is Kamila better?" I asked as she braided my hair.
            Again my mom just breathed out not answering me. I felt disappointed. I missed Kamila surely after a week all would be okay, right? I held onto to that for five years old a week without your best friend was enough time and I looked forward to seeing her. My mom finished my hair turning me around to face her she kissed my forehead and sighed. There were tears in her eyes as she stood taking my hand.
            "Nelson we're ready." She called to my dad as she gently led me out of our house. I walked outside in silence with my mother. I looked next door I as had done often this past week hoping to catch a glimpse of Kamila. Darnell and Emma exited hand and hand. They both looked sad and Kamila wasn't with them. I frowned as mom buckled me in into the car.
            I was standing on a stool looking down at a sleeping Kamila. She was in a weird looking box and everyone had tears in their eyes. "Wake up." I whispered, but she didn't move. My mom led me away to a seat and sat me in her lap cradling me.
             I watched Emma and Darnell lean down and kiss Kamila's cheeks before closing the strange looking box. I watched in horror, why were they shutting her in. "Mommy!" I panicked.
            My mother's hand cover my mouth and she leaned to my ear. "Shhh...Baby you have to be quiet." I looked up at her and over to my father and he took my hand in his. I was crying why was Kamila being shut in that box? Why? "Kamila is going to go live with the angels now." My mom's soft voice whispered in my ear. That was when I got it. My best friend was going home to God.
            The tears poured out of my eyes. No! God couldn't have her. She was my best friend! I turned my head into my mom's chest and cried. I didn't want Kamila to be gone. I'm Leona Kane and I'm five years old. That girl in the box, she's my best friend, she's seven years old and her name is Kamila Nox. God couldn't have her yet. The angels couldn't take her yet. I missed her already.
            They had put Kamila in the ground. We all returned to the Nox house. My parents wanted me to eat, but I just couldn't I stared out the window focusing on the swing and treehouse that we used to play with. The tears were still forming in my eyes. "I don't want to risk shots." My father said. I listened but I didn't understand the adult conversation.
            "I didn't either Nelson." That voice was Emma's, "And now my baby girl is gone." She was sobbing Leona was too. Kamila was gone.
            I climbed out of my mom's lap. "I'm going to go swing." I said quietly walking towards the back door.
            "I really wish you would eat baby." My mom answered gently. I shook my head and focused on the door. I didn't want to be near the adults anymore. I didn't understand anything they were saying anyways.
            I sat on the swing and just swayed. I had no energy. My tears hadn't stopped. Soon I was being pushed. I looked around for my mom and dad, but I didn't see them. I looked back to the front and slowed myself down. "Want to play a game?" I looked up and Kamila was standing in front of me. I leaped off the swing and tackled her. She laughed, I laughed.
            "I knew the angels didn't take you." I said looking down at her.
            She frowned, "They did, but I begged them to let me stay."
            I smiled, I liked that a lot, "Hide and seek?"
            She nodded and we got off the ground, "I'll count." she said with a giggle. I ran to hide.
            I hid in the woods behind our houses. It was my favorite spot to hide.
            I waited. And waited. And waited. I finally heard my name being called, "Leona." My dad's voice rang out.
            "Leona." My mom's voice called.
            "Leona." That was Darnell he was Kamila's dad.
            "Leona." Finally Emma, Kamila's mom called.
            Where was Kamila why hadn't she come to find me? I moved out of my hiding spot. The sun had begun to set. "I was playing a game." I said quietly as all eyes focused on me.
            "Oh baby we were so worried." My mom said rushing towards me and taking me in her arms. Again I was confused.
            "I was hiding." I said. Didn't they see Kamila counting?
            "From who sweetie?" My dad asked running his hand down my cheek.
            '"Kamila sillies." I chuckled. Really adults were funny. Who else would I have been hiding from?
            My parents looked over to Kamila's and I watched the sadness form in all of their eyes. "Sweetie Kamila went with the angels." My dad said and I shook my head. Struggling out my mom's arms.
            "No!" I shouted. "No they angels tried to take her, but she told them she wanted to stay." I was going to be heard. I saw Kamila. She wasn't gone. She didn't let the angels take her.
            "I'm sorry." I heard my dad say looking at Emma and Darnell. "We should go Faith." He turned to my mom who only nodded. Why didn't anyone believe me? I held my mom's hand as we walked back to our house. I saw her. We were playing. Where had she gone? I looked one more time towards the wooded area and then silently followed my parents into our house. 







 


About Amanda Kay:
I am a Paranormal/Fantasy Adult Romance Author
(M/F Romance and F/F Romance)
I'm thirty years old. I am a Navy Wife and a mother of two. My daughter was born December 4, 2010 and my son was born July 18, 2013. My husband and I have been married for almost seven years, but we have been together since our junior year of high school and we have known each other since 8th grade, yes a long time.
I am a Florida girl at heart, but since getting married I have lived in Washington, South Carolina, and our latest move Connecticut. I hold a B.A. in Multimedia Journalism with a minor in Political Science from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida.
Writing is something I love and since I am blessed to be a stay at home mom I thought I would try my hand at getting the stories in my head out and see how far I could go. I tried a few years ago to go through a Literary Agency, but it went nowhere. The self-publishing market was just starting to get hot so I self-published two books mainly for family and friends. I then discovered the world of New Adult. I wanted to stick with my paranormal roots and began thinking up story ideas that took on not only a paranormal element, but a fantasy element as well
My Motto: Not your average Fairy Tales.


Facebook Reading Group to pair with my author page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/101139966907410/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/amandakay_books

 

Interview With Amanda Kay:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books? 
I write Paranormal Fantasy Romance and I just a new chapter releasing my first Female Female book Dragon Warriors
 
2. Which book has been your favorite to write?  
It is actually my current WIP for NanoWriMo called Whispering Wind. It's my second Female Female with some twists along the way,but it's also my first time writing first person. It has been both challenging and eye opening for me and I have fallen head over heels in love with the three main characters in the book more than any I have written in the past. 
 
3. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with? 
To answer this I give them two options if Female Female is something they are interested in I say jump on into Dragon Warriors it's a standalone and the beginning of a new journey for me. The second option is Fairy Tales with a Twist, this is actually a collection of 12 books. All the books are male female tales and it's a way to get all of my releases from 2014-2015 in one location. 
 
4. What inspires you to write? 
Everything. I am inspired everyday by life and struggles and I just want to provide an escape even if it's the ugly cry moment one wants to have, but can't for whatever reason. 

5. Do you have a favorite spot to write? 
I mostly write on my phone so anywhere really, but I do like the quiet and noise that comes with being in my house. 
 
 6. If  you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose? 
I'd want to be Kalin from Dragon Warriors because I think being able to change into a badass dragon would be pretty cool. Or Katniss from the Hunger Games.
 
7. Do you work with an outline, or just write? 
I just write, my synopsis serves as my outline as far a general idea and then I let the characters guide me, and throw me they lead the show 
 
8. What's one random fact about yourself that you can share? 
I absolutely cannot sing for my life, but in the car I have no problem belting it out especially with my daughter 
 
9. What are you working on next? 
After Whispering Wind is off to the editor, hopefully the end of this month. I am going to be working on my July Release The Leprechaun's Rainbow a standalone F/F and my Persian Sea Chronicles my M/F pirate mermaid series, releasing at the end of the year and early into next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment