Saturday, August 29, 2015

Featured Author: Tracy Kincaid



What if love-at-first-sight was not the "first-sight" after all?

Natalie Star is a modern woman, with modern sensibilities. Practical and realistic, she finds herself falling for a man named Thomas Andrews. Thomas is a perfect gentleman, but his love for her seems to be old, solid, staid-- the kind that grows after years of love and life together. He speaks in riddles when she asks why he seems to know her so well--they were together in a time she can't remember yet.

Thomas longs to tell Natalie everything he knows about her, about them. But it's time that is the problem yet. There is a tragedy that they must endure before she can fully accept who they are, and why they are destined to be together. A tragedy that Thomas has been through once, and will go through again to find the piece of his heart that has been missing all these many years.

That tragedy is the Titanic...



 

EXCERPT
As I touch it, I feel nothing but cold everywhere—in my bones, in my blood, in the room. I close my eyes, trying to touch the iceberg as long as I can, as the instructions say. This is what it felt like that night the Titanic sank. With all of those people dying in the cold water. As I stand with my eyes shut, I start to feel very cold and wet. I open my eyes and realize that somehow I’m in a small boat on the ocean at night with a life vest on and hundreds of people floating around me. Some dead, others screaming. Where am I? And where’s Thomas?
I start to yell Thomas’ name. How did I get here?
“Thomas, Thomas, Thomas? Help, anyone help!” I cry.
At that point, Thomas grabs me and pulls me away from the iceberg and back into the exhibit. His heavy breathing matches mine. We are the only two in the room as he grabs me and holds me tight. After a few moments as our breathing slows, I ask, “What just happened?”
“Like I said, you are not like the other people who walk through here. You are special. You were there,” he whispers.
“How is that possible? None of this makes sense.” I’m still shaking, and the room is very cold. “Can we please leave this room? I can’t stop shaking.”
“Yes, of course.” As we walk out into the lobby and through the front doors into the sunlight, I run to the first bench under a tree I can find. I want to be far away from everyone, from everything, from Thomas. I do notice that Thomas has stayed away from me for a while to allow me to breathe and try to figure out what the hell was going on. Thomas is sitting not far away, just watching me. And I’m thankful for the distance.
I start to recap the events of the past two days to myself. How is all of this happening to me? And why now? Who is Thomas Andrews really, and what does he want from me?
After what feels like hours of just sitting on the bench, I look up at Thomas, who’s just staring at me. He stands and walks over to me. “May I?” he asks.
I nod and he sits.
“Look, Natalie, I know this is a lot to take in—” he begins as I interrupt him.
“A lot to take in!” I shout. “You have not explained anything to me. You come to me and tell me we know each other from a long time ago. Yet you have told me nothing. I know nothing about you. I have no idea why I passed out in that room. And I have no idea what the hell happened when I touched that iceberg. Would you please just tell me what is going on, please?”


www.tkincaidauthor.com
www.facebook.com/tracykincaidauthor
https://twitter.com/tkincaidauthor

https://plus.google.com/+TracyKincaidauthor/posts
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/tracy-kincaid/15/344/316
http://www.tkincaidauthor.com/blog.html

http://www.beaucoupllcpublishing.com/tracy-kincaid
https://www.pinterest.com/tkincaidauthor/

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1218428.Tracy_Kincaid

1 comment: