Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Featured Author: N.B. Baker


 Welcome Today's Featured Author
N.B. Baker!!!



20564952

 A shocking tale of romance and deception, N.B. Baker’s Everything is an impressive debut that proves no secret is ever really buried. Ella Stone is struggling to pick up the pieces of her life. Abandoned by her parents when she was an infant, both of the grandparents who raised her are now gone. Facing her future for the first time, Ella decides to move to Detroit in order to be near her two best friends. After a misguided relationship with a man she finds in bed with another woman, Ella begins doubting her life-changing move. That is, until she meets Chance St. John. When Chance fends off a brutal attack, he and Ella share an instant connection. As the two get to know each other, their passionate exploits both in and out of the bedroom make way for a deeper connection for which neither one was quite prepared. But despite their increasing closeness, Ella can’t shake the feeling that Chance is hiding something from her. His frequent nightmares and skittish responses point to a secret in his past that haunts him still. While Ella attempts to uncover Chance’s mysterious past, her own life takes a turn for the strange. As Everything builds to its explosive climax, Ella must discover the truth before Chance’s dark past consumes them both.




Links:

*~Amazon~*

*~Barnes and Noble~*

*~YouTube~*




Bio:
N. B. Baker is Iowa born;  she moved to Wyoming where she resides with her husband and children, including their four legged children, Kiera and Jade. She loves to write in the spare time she has after working forty hours in the financial world and playing wife and mommy (a.k.a. chef, doctor, housekeeper, taxi driver, zookeeper, homing device, and much more).
N. B. Baker has always believed in the unbreakable bond between best
friends, love at first sight, and happily ever after.



Interview with N.B. Baker

1. Can you tell us a little about your book?
Everything has just about a little of everything in it. It’s an amazing story of love, passion, friendship, mystery and twists and turns! It definitely has its share of steamy romance scenes!!

2. If Everything was made into a movie who would you want to play Ella and Chance ?
Jessica Alba & Channing Tatum

3.What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write?
I loved it when Ella stood up for herself, I always wanted my lead female to be strong. I do have to say that two of my favorite parts were when Ella smacks Justin in the side of the head with corn on the cob (It’s just so light hearted and funny!) and the other would be the epilogue. Definitely want to have some tissues handy!

4.Who designed the cover?
This being my first step into the book world I really had no idea what options were available. I didn’t have any author / blogger connections to get advice from so CreatSpace did everything from the cover to the formatting.

5.Do you have a favorite spot to write?
At my kitchen table when everyone was asleep with my two dogs laying at my feet.

6.Do you listen to music while you write?
 I sometimes have the attention span of a gnat, so I never listened to music while I wrote. However I would hear and song and be like BAM!! That’s it!!! Then that song would be my inspiration! For Everything, the song was Imagine Dragons Demons. It’s just the perfect fit!!

7.When did you know you wanted to write a book?
 I have read so many amazing books for even more amazing authors that these charters started bouncing around in my head. I had to get them out and see where they would go! They took me on one wild ride that’s for sure!!!

8.What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
 I love Charlie Hunnam!! When asked who I would choose to play Chance my brain instantly went to Charlie!! But I think Channing would be a better fit!

9.Are you attending any author signing events this year?
Not this year (insert sad face here!) But watch out for me in 2016!!

10.What are writing projects are you currently working on?
 My current WIP is Belong. This is Sarah and Justin’s (Ella’s best friends) story. I worked with the ever so talented photographer Eric Battershell and the knock out (litteraly – he’s a martial artist) Robert Simmons for the cover. I’m hoping that it will release this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment