Saturday, August 30, 2014

Featured Author: J L Perry



Welcome Today's Featured Author
J L Perry!!!!
 

Books:

20818527

My Destiny (Destiny #1)

by


Brooke

Brooke gave up her dreams, relocating to another state with her husband Jake so he could pursue his, but when he commits the ultimate betrayal against her, she’s lucky to escape with her life.

After moving back to her hometown, she runs into Logan, the man who helped her all those months ago. From the moment they first met, Brooke felt that they had a connection, and now she finds it stronger than ever.

There is one thing stopping her from acting on her feelings towards him though...her past.

Logan

Logan knew from the moment he saw Brooke that she was the one he’d been searching for his whole life. Can he convince Brooke to let go of her insecurities so they can be together?

What will happen when Brooke’s past comes back to haunt her? Will Logan still be around to help her, or will she be left to face it all, on her own?

Join Brooke and Logan as they share their story in My Destiny, the first of a two part instalment in the Destiny series. This story is told in dual POV.

This is unedited and subject to change. It is recommended for 18+ due to sexual content and coarse language.


 
My Destiny:
US Link: http://amzn.com/B00KSFTTXG AU Link: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00KSFTTXG UK Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KSFTTXG iBooks: http://itunes.apple.com/au/book/my-destiny/id885961400?mt=11 B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/my-destiny-j-l-perry/1119714867?ean+9780992529000 Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/Search/Query?fcmedia=Book&query=9780992529000


My Forever (Destiny, #2)

My Forever (Destiny #2)

by

My Forever....

My Forever is a continuation of Brooke and Logan’s fairy-tale love affair that started in My Destiny.

Brooke

Brooke finally lets go of her insecurities and accepts what’s in her heart…her undying love for Logan. After everything they went through in the beginning of their relationship, Brooke’s hopes of a happy life with her soul mate are crushed when tragedy strikes them yet again.

Logan

Logan finally has everything he ever wanted. Now that the threat to Brooke’s safety is behind them, all he wants is to live out the rest of his days with the woman of his dreams. Unfortunately, we don’t always get what we want. He has no idea that over the next few years they will face their toughest challenges yet. Will their love for each other be strong enough to survive what lies ahead? Or will their fairy-tale finally come to an end?

Join Brooke and Logan in the final and dramatic conclusion to the Destiny series.

***Warning, this book is recommended for 18+, due to coarse language and sexual content.***






My Forever:
US link: http://amzn.com/B00MKM06Y6 UK link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MKM06Y6 AU link: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00MKM06Y6 iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/my-forever/id906252730?mt=11 B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/my-forever-j-l-perry/1120059710?ean=2940046331431&itm=1&usri=2940046331431 Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/Search/Query?fcmedia=Book&query=9780992529017

Bio:
I am from Sydney Australia. I'm 42 years old and a mother of a 10 year old boy. My Destiny was my debut novel and was released in June this year. My second book My Forever was release on the 10th of August both books are part of the Destiny Series. My currently WIP is nearly finished. It's called Damaged - Jacinta's Story and is about a character in My Forever. It is a stand alone book. I have also started writing a book called Against All Odds - Angel's Story. It is about the daughter of Brooke and Logan who are the characters in My Destiny and My Forever. 

I have always had a passion for reading and writing is something I've wanted to do for many years now. I did write a few books for my son when he was little. When I'm not writing I love spending time with my family and friends. I love to shop and have a weakness for shoes. I must have over 200 pairs.  

Interview with J L Perry:
1) Can you tell us a little about yourself?
 
Well, I live in Sydney, Australia. I’m 42 years old and married with a 10 year old son. First and foremost, I’m an avid reader. Always have been. I’ve always had a passion to write, but only last year decided to finally follow my dream. I did write a few books for my son when he was little, but never published them. I only had copies made for him.
 
Other than that, my life is quite boring now. I spend my days writing. Sometimes up to 18 hours a day. We do like to travel a lot as a family, but haven’t done much of that lately. We went to the US in April this year. We spent the first week in LA and the day we arrived in New York, we got a call to say my father-in-law passed away, so we flew back home. We are hoping to go back next year and finish off our trip.

2) Do you have a favorite spot to write?
 
Not really. I write everywhere and anywhere. At my desk mainly, but also at the kitchen table, sitting on the lounge and in bed. Whenever the ideas come I need to get them out. I have even taken my laptop in the car when I picking my son up from school.
 

3) Do you listen to music while you write?
 
Sometimes. There are times I really need to consentrate on what I’m writing, so those times I like complete silence. But, if I hear a song that reminds me of the characters in my books, I will listen to it on repeat. Kind of puts me in the mood.

4) Do you have any odd writing habits?
 
Yes. Lol. With my second book I wrote the prologue and first chapter, then skipped to the middle before going back to fill in the gap. With the book I’m writing now I wrote the prologue and then the ending. My forth book, I’ve written the prologue and then few scenes further on in the story. Sometimes a scene will play out in my mind for no apparent reason. I have to get it down when it does, otherwise I lose it. It’s funny. I’m not sure why it happens but when it does, I love it. Unless it’s like 2am or some hideous time like that. Then it’s not fun. I need to get up and write it down because it’s gone by the morning if I don’t.

5) Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?

Not necessarily. I tend to snack on chocolate, biscuits or lollies when I write though. I get so engrossed in what I’m writing I forget to stop and eat. I also like to drink Vanilla Chai Lattes when I'm writing.


6) What's the last book you read?
 
Well before I started writing I could pump out 3 books a week. I love reading. All genres. I do have a soft spot for Romance, but I read all types of books. Unfortunately it has been months since I’ve read book. I can tell you I miss it too. I think my last book was Rush by Abbi Glines.
 
 
7) What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
 
Of god. I love to cook. Especially baking. I did cake decorating for while and even made a few wedding cakes. I found that part very stressful though. I also love to help out disadvantage kids and unwanted and abused animals. I have a few charities that I contribute to weekly. I’ve been doing that for years now. Even after having my son, when I was no longer working, I made sure I found the money for that. I think it’s important to help out when you can. I'm lucky I like in a great country. I never really known the hardship that others face.


8) What book did you enjoy writing the most?


My third book. Hands down my fav. I’m almost finished it. I love it. I’m not sure why, but I do. I loved the first two books I wrote, but there is something about this one.  

9) When did you know you wanted to write a book?
 
I remember first thinking I’d like to be able to write a book in my early twenties. Honestly, I never thought I’d be able to do it. I have found it surprisingly easy though. It just flows out of me. I love doing it. It also helps that I'm a stay at home mother now. I have a lot more time on my hands to do what I love.

10) What is the next project you are working on?
 
My forth book is called Against All Odds. I’ve only written a few thousand words. I need to finish my third book first, which is almost done. It’s about the daughter of the couple in My Forever. I’m looking forward to getting back into it. I have an epic twist planned for this book. It’s going to be so much fun to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment