Thursday, July 24, 2014

Featured Author: Tabetha Thompson


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Tabetha Thompson!!










Synopsis:
Tormented by a past relationship that she can’t seem to escape, Chloe feels like her only option is to swear off men completely. Two years later, the self-imposed “man-ban” is still going strong, but then Skye walks back into her life. Skye left Bartow thirteen years ago an awkward, pimple-faced boy who didn’t quite fit in, but the man that returns evokes a white-hot fire of desire in her.

Chloe is the only woman Skye has ever loved and he’s not about to let her slip through his fingers again. She may want to put him in the friend zone, but he knows her desire for him is simmering just below the surface. Just when Skye thinks he’s finally broken down the walls of stone around Chloe’s heart, something happens that will leave them both devastated and broken. Are they strong enough to survive?


Here is a sneak peak for The Friend Zone:
Sara Thomas is Chloe's. She's a ball's to the wall, in your face kind of girl. Like me, she has no brain to mouth filter and sometimes doesn't know when to stop or shut up. Here is a sneak peak of The Friend Zone. In this scene Sara see's Skye for the first time.
Sara is unusually quiet as she rounds the bar and moves to the living room. This usually means she's plotting something and the thought makes me uneasy. As if she hears my thoughts, she says, "Chloe?"
"Yeah?" I respond. "Are we dead? Is this heaven?" And there it is. My mouth droups and I'm sure my eyes are as big as saucers. "Why the hell would you even say that?" I ask her. Laughter explodes from Skye's chest and my insides tingle a little bit at the sound. "Well," she says like it's completely obvious and that she's not clinically insane, "you can't tell me you don’t see that angel standing beside you." She points at Skye. "What the fuck are you on? He is definitely no angel. This is Skye." I turn to a still laughing Skye. "Skye, this is my nut job friend, Sara." He composes himself enough to tell Sara, "Hey," and then plops down next to her at the end of the couch. Sara, never being one to hold her damn devil tongue, looks me dead in the face and says, "This is the same guy from last night, right?" Immediately my face goes red. I hate her.





Synopsis:
 
Chloe’s newfound love for Skye grows more and more every day. Never before has she been so enamored by someone. Could that be a bad thing for her though? With all thoughts of Skye and still recovering from her recent attack, Chloe is distracted. Her recently acquired tunnel vision only allows her to see Skye and she misses all the details of the things going on outside her hospital room.

Skye’s love for Chloe becomes stronger every day and so does his instinct to protect her. With Todd still on the loose, the roses that keep appearing on Chloe’s apartment door, Tom’s odd behavior and Sarah missing, Skye is determined more than ever to never leave Chloe’s side. Will Skye’s determination to protect her from Todd, her friends, and even herself be their undoing?

 
 

Sneak peak Chapter 1 of More Than Friends:
Chapter 1
Chloe
I should have told you how I feel
Too much time has passed, but it's still real
Come back to me so that I can make it right
Come back to me so that I can hold you tight
I hid in the shadow
Till the time was right
You finally found me
And pulled me into your light
The sound of a guitar floats through the silent void and fills the darkness with its beautiful melody. A deep, sorrowful male voice fills the dark space, singing the somber lyrics to a song I’ve never heard before. His voice is enticing, seductive, but mostly sad. I know that voice, the recognition ignites something deep inside of me. The sound of my heart thudding in my ears grows louder as the excitement takes over.

It’s in that moment I realize I can’t move. Panic and desperation immediately drown out the warm fuzzy feeling, grabbing hold of me, like thick, icy claws wrapped around my throat. Why can’t I move? Why is everything so dark? Where am I?

My body is numb and feels like it’s filled with lead. I feel as if I’m suffocating. Just when I think, I’m about to run out of oxygen, a clicking, and wheezing noise rises above the sounds of the guitar. My lungs slowly expand, almost to the point of pain, as precious oxygen is pumped into them. There’s a beeping sound coming from somewhere behind the dark curtain of nothing . The high pitch noise continues strong and steady.

The music suddenly stops and I hear a click. Why can’t I open my eyes? I plead with my body to move, but get nothing. The more I struggle, the higher my frustration level rises. There is nothing worse than feeling trapped or helpless and in this moment I feel both.

The panicked feeling from moments before quickly intensifies taking over ever one of my senses. My chest tightens in fear and anxiety. My heart rate speeds, and the shrill beeping sound is no longer steady. Its rapid ear-piercing wail, sounds like the warnings of a bomb about to detonate. The combined emotions wash over me like a wave and I’m caught in its undertow, on the verge of drowning.

Counting backwards from ten, I attempt to calm down so I can try to get a handle on the situation.

What happened to me? Where am I? Who is that singing? What’s that damn beeping noise? Most importantly, why can’t I move? I try to open my eyes to see what’s going on around me, but my lids are heavy and aren’t responding to my command. Next, I try to move my arm, then my legs and I’m sadly left with nothing. I want to cry, scream, throw a fit, or punch something. I am so furious and frustrated.

Question after question assaults my mind. I try for several long minutes to come up with the answers, but all I’m left with are blanks. There’s something; some significant detail that I’m missing, or that is just out of my reach.
Whispering voices break through my silent meltdown and I jump forgetting that Skye was near me earlier. Or was that just in my head? I’m so mixed up right now, I don’t know what to do. “How has she been this morning?”

Oh, thank god! It’s Sara. I’ve never felt so relieved in my life. I try to call out her name but my voice only echoes in my mind.

“There’s no change.” Skye! He was really with me. Where is here? I’m so happy to have him near me but it hurts to hear his voice laced with so much sadness.

“I guess that’s a good thing, considering.” Skye says. Considering what? His voice doesn’t sound like it usually does. Instead of the smooth and sexy voice I’m fond of, it’s thick with melancholy and shaken with sadness.

“Has the doctor been in yet?” Sara asks. Doctor? What. The. Fuck. Happened? I growl in frustration.

“I don’t know. I just got here a few minutes ago. Someone should be in soon, though,” he responds.

The room goes silent, with the exception of the ever-present beeping noise that has finally slowed back down to a steady almost soothing rhythm. Soft, warm hands envelop my own. Sara steels herself with a deep breath, “Chloe, sweetie.” She tries to hide the sorrow in her voice, and she may very well be able to convince everyone else that she’s not upset, but I know her better than that. “You’ve got to wake up, sweetie. I miss you so much.” I can almost hear the sound of my heart shattering like glass. Sara is the strongest one of us, always the unwavering rock. If she’s upset, there’s usually a very good reason to be.

My arm is lifted and pressed against something warm and soft. Tiny, warm drops of what I assume are tears slide over the top of my hand. “I’m going to find a doctor or a nurse,” she says to Skye and the bed shifts. She’s gone.

No, Sara! Don’t leave me! Come back! My panicked cry is left unheard, never making it past my lips as I’d intended.

Not knowing what in the hell is going on and with Sara now gone, the crying begins again. Only no tears are shed and no one hears my whimpers. My body lies motionless, but on the inside, I’m shaking violently. My internal self is in so much turmoil that I’m on the verge of another anxiety attack.

What am I going to do? God, help me please. I chant to myself. Sara’s soft palm is replaced by a strong, callused one and large, strong fingers lace with mine. I don’t need to see to know who those fingers belong to. Only Skye could cause the warmth that rushes through me with just a touch. No matter how innocent it is, it still has the same effect on me.

A moan echoes inside my mind at the memory of what those skillful, loving fingers can do. The night he cornered me in Tom’s office and worked me over with his hands and warm talented mouth is definitely a moment I will never forget. While one palm envelops mine, another reaches up and strokes the side of my face. Soft, warm lips touch my temple, and that one tiny kiss turns my insides into a tizzy. A thousand little lightning bugs war with each other to take flight in my stomach.

His voice is near my ear and is barely above a whisper when he says, “Chloe, I know you can hear me. I feel it in my soul. I can only imagine how scared you are right now. Baby, I’m sorry. I should never have left you.” He takes a deep, shuddering breath and continues. “We’re all here for you. Tom, Sara, the band. Me. Hon, you gotta wake up. You’re strong and stubborn enough to make it through this, but you have to fight. Come back to me, Chloe.”

The entire time he is speaking in my ear my focus isn’t on his words but the warm breath that brushes against the skin on my ear. His lips touch my temple again. I desperately want to reach up, grab his face, and pull his lips to mine. I want to lose myself in him. I want to devour that clever mouth until we are both gasping for air and dizzy.

Skye has only been back in my life for a short time, but I’m happier than I’ve ever been. Since I walked into Tom’s office at BAR and saw him sitting in that chair, there’s been something pulling me to him. The pull is too strong to ignore, nor would I want to anymore even if that were an option. No man has ever effected me in such a manner and I know that no man ever will. No matter how hard I tried to deny my rapidly growing feelings for him, it’s no use. My heart won out over my head and will continue to do so where he is involved. It was a hard lesson to learn but I know this now.

The small amount of time we spent together before I landed in this darkness was amazing. Everything about us just feels right; like we belong to the other. My heart beats to the sound of his name. My soul craves his touch, his closeness, and his love. I have no doubt in my mind that he is my soul mate.

Growing up every little girl dreams of finding “the one.” That one person that becomes one with you. The one you grow old with blissfully in love forever. The same one that is portrayed in fairy tales and happy romance novels and chick flicks. The only other person in the world that was meant to be yours. Living the life I have lived, I never believed I had some out there destined to bet my “One” but I know without a measure of doubt that I have found him.

There will be no more denying the passion I feel for this man. I physically ache to be with him, even now when I’m surrounded by the shadows. I want him to be a part of me always, and in every way imaginable. Skye and Skye alone is the reason my heart is no longer surrounded by ice or stone.

The moment my eyes laid on this dark-haired, green-eyed Adonis, I knew my life would never be the same. In less than twenty-four hours, he somehow managed to shatter every single wall I placed around my heart.

Skye’s hand is still gently stroking my hair, completely oblivious to the life altering revelation I’m having. I’m exhausted and overwhelmed, mentally as well as physically. The soothing motion of his caresses have just about lulled me to sleep, but then he begins to whisper the lyrics to Michael Jackson’s I Just Can’t Stop Loving You.
The words are not accompanied by music, just the sweet lull of his voice. Every inch of me melts at the way he conveys the meaning of the song to me. He pours every ounce of love and adoration into his voice convincing me that he means every word.

I can feel sleep tugging at me as nears the end of the song and I fight it. I don’t want to be alone in the dark silence. I want to stay here with Skye and his beautiful voice, his loving touch and his words of encouragement. Its where I belong.

I fight against the heavy pull of slumber, I fight against the darkness, and I will always fight against any and everything that tries to pull me away from the man I love.

However, once the beeping is gone and the numbness settles in, I know I have lost the fight, for now.

Author Bio:
I'm a twenty-nine-year-old stay at home mother of two beautiful girls.
My children are amazing. There isn’t a day that goes by that they don’t challenge my husband and I or make us laugh and feel loved. Growing up the way I did, I never wanted kids, but they’re here and I wouldn’t trade them for anything in the world for. God has truly blessed my family and me.
My husband Bill is the levelheaded one; he’s always so calm and logical, whereas I'm the loud-mouthed spaz that doesn’t know when to shut up. He was my saving grace in a time when I really needed one. I honestly believe he is my gift from God. He’s everything I've ever wanted: smart, kind, loving, PATIENT, (lord knows he needs it living with me) and so very supportive!
I'm a firm believer in going through life’s tragedies and blessings so that you can become the person you were meant to be. Writing has always been a hidden passion of mine and I am so thankful that I finally have the opportunity to share my stories with you.
The Friend Zone and More Than Friends are now available on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble. Follow me on Google+ Facebook and Twitter.




Social Media Links:



Interview With Tabetha Thompson:

1) Can you tell us a little about your book?

    The Friend Zone is a NA Romance with a very sensitive plot and a very deep meaning. Chloe, has spent her life being life's doormat. She's finally in a great place in her life. She has a job she loves, friends she adores and is living it up. She has recently removed herself from a very abusive relationship and has decided to go on a man-ban. The bar that she runs for  a friend needs a house band. Enter Skye, dark hair, blue eyes and a grin that will knock the air from your lungs. Skye and Chloe were some what friends growing up, until he moved away. However, the person that left Bartow, GA so long ago isn't the same person that has returns. Skye may look the bad boy part, but that man is as sweet as sugar and will rot your teeth out. The chemistry between these two can only be compared to a nuclear explosion. The book covers love, loss, and abusive situations that may be triggers for some. 


More Than Friends is the second book in the series and truly captures the love and devotion between Skye and Chloe. This nice guy doesn't finish last. More Than Friends has more than one pov to ensure you get the entire story. There is so much love, angst, betrayal and loss in this book, I was emotionally exhausted at the end of every chapter! It even surprised me how the story came out and I can easily say hands down that More Than Friends IS my best work. 


2) What inspires you to write?

I had a friend that was in  an abusive relationship. I tried to save her but she kept going back to the guy. One night they got into it and he threw one punch to many and she passed away during their confrontation. I wrote this story for her, I wrote this story for me. This way my way of saying be strong, stand up and don't take any shit from anyone. You may not see it but you have someone who loves you. I don't know my readers but I LOVE THEM as f they were my family. I will do anything I can for anyone. If you are being hurt and can't find a way to save yourself, message me! You're worth saving, you're worth loving.

3) Do you have any “odd” writing habits?
Some may think this is gross but I usually eat hot wings for breakfast if I am going to be writing non-stop all day. Don't ask me why, I just do. I have no clue how it started, I think it may have been leftovers in the fridge kinda thing. But, now its a habit. The bar up the street from my house serves breakfast and they cook them for me if I call. 


4) 
What was the hardest scene you have written?

Before I started book 3, hands down it was the very last scene in The Friend Zone. I bawled for two days after I wrote that. The Friend Zone is complete fiction, it was my way to give my friend her happily ever after. But, the last scene (the cliffhanger) is almost exactly what happened to my friend, so it was very tough to push through. However, the prologue for book 3 is so very dark and emotional and it was a struggle to get my head in that place since I'm such a hyper, bubbly person. In the end I got it where I wanted it to be and it turned out to be amazing. 


5) What was your favorite scene you have written?
My favorite scene is when Sara, Chloe's loud mouth best friend, meets Skye for the first time. I love Sara, but that's probably because her smart mouth reminds me of my own. 



6) How do you come up with your characters names? 
I have two small children, both girls and Chloe was in my top five for naming my children. My husband didn't really like Chloe so he veto'd it for both of my kids. So I used that name for my main female role. Now, Skye's name was my oldest daughters doing. She's six so I'm not sure why I asked her but I said, "Can you give mommy a good boys name?" She came back with all these off the wall names from kid movies and then the last name she said was Skye. I sat on it for a few days but slowly fell in love with it.


7) What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
When I drink (not often) I LOVE LOVE LOVE nature. Don't ask me why but, lord help me if its raining and I'm intoxicated. I will be the first person standing in the yard, both arms extended and spinning in a circle. OR, if its not raining, I have been known to lie in the grass and close my eyes, then describe in detail how soft the grass is and how great it feels. 

8) What’s your favorite summertime activity?

I live close to Lake Wateree in South Carolina and I was raised on that water. So anything that has to do with being there on the boat is my favorite thing to do. My friends all spend every weekend there camping, fishing, drinking, tubing and just floating. Its so much fun!
9) Are you doing any Author Signing Event this year?

I am not attending any this year but I have a few things in the works for next year. We will just have to see how it goes closer to time.
10) When can we expect book three in the Friend Zone series? 
The Friend Zone was released on my birthday, More Than Friends on my youngest daughters birthday, so I am aiming for early September for my oldest daughters birthday. Please do not set that in stone though. I am working very hard to get it out as soon as possible and I am about 75% done writing the book. So it shouldn't be to much longer. Once the third book is done, I am doing to work on a spin off for Sara. It will be a stand alone, but my readers loved her so much, I felt like I needed to let her have her own spotlight, so keep an eye out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment