Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Featured Author: Louise Bay

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Louise Bay!!!



Hopeful
Guys like Joel Wentworth weren't meant to fall in love with girls like me. He could have had his pick
of the girls on campus but somehow the laws of nature were defied and we fell crazy in love. And for
a short time I thought it would be for infinity.
On July 10, 2006, straight after graduation, Joel left for New York and despite him wanting me to go
with him, I refused, unwilling to disappoint my parents and risk the judgment of my friends. I never
saw him again. Never even spoke to him.
I've spent the last eight years working hard to put my career front and center in my life, dodging any
personal complications - I have a strict no dating policy. I've managed to piece together a reality
that works for me. Until now.
Now, Joel's coming back to London.
And I need to get over him before he gets over here.
*Not suitable for younger readers due to sexual content and language.*



Hopeful Quotations

“Nothing worth having comes easy, Ava.” – Joel Wentworth
“You taste even better than I imagined.” – Joel Wentworth
All I wanted in that moment was Joel to see inside me, see how much I needed him. I couldn’t tell
him, but I needed him to know.
Just when I thought I had nothing to lose, I found out there was further to fall.
“I’ve been having very inappropriate thoughts about you, Ava Elliot” – Joel Wentworth
“Ava? You said something about me touching you. All over. Is that what you said?” – Joel Wentworth
“It’s so good to have you here.” His kisses trailed down my neck.
“In my town,” he kissed over my collarbone.
“In my bed,” he kissed between my breasts.
“In my heart.”
“I thought I locked away in my memory your face, your sounds when you came, but that was better
than I remembered,” – Joel Wentworth
“And my mouth, where do you want that? Do you want me to kiss you everywhere?” – Joel
Wentworth


 Buy Links:







Playlist:

Up All Night
Kip Moore
Last Time
Taylor Swift ft. Gary Lightbody
Say Something
A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera
Limbo No More
Alanis Morrisette
Some Other Time
Kacey Musgroves
Jill Scott
I Miss You
Who Knew
Pink
Love Me Still
Chaka Khan
What About Now
Daughtry
Brave
Sara Bareilles
Living Inside My Heart
Bob Seger



Louise Bay Bio
Ruined by romantic mini-series of the eighties, I love all things romantic. There's not enough of it in
real life so I'll settle for books and films.
I love the rain, the West Wing, London, days when you don't have to wear make-up, being alone,
being with friends, elephants and champagne.
My first novel Faithful was released in April 2014 and Hopeful is released July 15 2014. Both are
stand-alone books.


twitter.com/louisesbay (@louisesbay)


Interview with Louise Bay:

1) Can you tell us a little about your book?

Hopeful is all about Joel and Ava. They are two members of a group of friends at college that fall crazy in love but keep their love a secret. Ava is worried that people will judge and interfere in the relationship. When college finishes, Joel goes off to New York but Ava won't go with him. She has people pressuring her to stay and she has a place at law school. So, Joel and Ava split up. Eight years later Joel returns from New York. Ava never really got over Joel but Joel seems to have been having the time of his life, making his fortune and dating supermodels. But all is not what it seems.

2) Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published?

I'm self published so for me the challenge for finding information on what I was supposed to do. Where do I find an editor who will do a good job? Who do I get to design my book cover? How on earth do I create a website? I'm still learning everyday. My next challenge is getting Hopeful uploaded to iTunes! And on top of all of that you have to write the book! It's easy to start a book and the first 10,000 words come pretty easy but it's the next 70,000 that's the real challenge.

3) Do you have any “odd” writing habits?

I write chronologically which I think is fairly rare. I like to get to know my characters as I write them, with the reader, so it's a deliberate thing. I rarely swap things around. I think about things a lot before I write so I do a lot of plotting. I also tend to write in 500 word chunks!

4)
What are your thoughts on writing a book series?

Faithful and Hopeful are both totally stand alone books. But Faithful's main characters - Daniel and Leah - do pop up in Hopeful a number of times. My next book will have more of Daniel and Leah and is written from Leah's best friend Anna's point of view. It's set in New York and it's HOT!

5)  Which of your characters would you like to meet in person and why?
 
I feel like I know and like all of them. I think I'd like to get to know Joel and Daniel a bit better...!
 
6) What's the last book you read?

Apart from Hopeful - I'm reading The Will by Kristen Ashley

7) What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?

I have to sit in the front row at the movies.

8) What’s your favorite summertime activity?

Apart from writing? I live in London so I feel like everyone comes out to play in the summer! We don't get the opportunity very often because of our weather but I love eating outside! It's such a treat!

9) What was the hardest scene you have written?

I find sex scenes very difficult to write. I think that's quite common. It's difficult not to drown in the mechanics of it!
10)
 So, we know Hopeful just came out but when can we expect a new book from you? 


I'm shooting for the fall...


No comments:

Post a Comment