Saturday, February 1, 2014

Featured Author Lyra Parish

Welcome Today's Featured Author

Lyra Parish!

 





Synopsis:

Weak for him is a New Adult read with sexual content.

“Have you heard the saying, ‘sex sells’? Well, I’m the supplier.”

Finnley Felton sells sex.
Jennifer Downs is a virgin.
With the help of lady luck, the two meet.

Money. Bright lights. Sex.

Jennifer is made an offer: sell her virginity to the highest bidder and transform into one of Finnley’s girls. But she finds herself weak for him, and doesn’t fully realize what she’s agreed to until it’s too late.

Will she rise to the challenge and play by the rules in a land where money is king and love is prohibited? Or will she lose herself and values in the attempt?



Purchase:


Excerpt:


Mr. Felton stood facing the windows in a neatly pressed suit. The black tie complemented the black suit, designer from head to toe. His green eyes met my brown gaze, and I smiled, but only received the ghost of one in return.

Once the secretary left us, I searched the room, trying to take in every little detail: abstract art on the wall, a conference table in the back, and a lounge area in the middle. The afternoon light cast a yellow glow in the room. A large oak desk, which screamed business executive, had two chairs tucked in front. The room looked comfortable, welcoming, but also professional.

The red velvet curtains that overlooked the atrium were jerked closed.

"Hi, Finnley. Thank y—"

"It's Mr. Felton."

My face flushed. How could I be so inconsiderate and unprofessional?

I immediately felt stupid.

"Mr. Felton. Thank you for allowing me to interview. I've brought my resume and a list of recommendations. I'd love to join your accounting team if you'd allow me."

I outstretched my hand and he left me standing there, awkwardly. The smile faded from my face as he leaned against the wooden desk with his arms crossed.

"Take off your clothes." His voice was low and silky.

"Excuse me?" The words hit me like cool water.

I don't think so, asshole.

"The interview has begun, Ms. Downs. If you'd like to join my team, you will do what I say and if you'd prefer not, you are more than welcome to turn around and walk that tight ass through the door, and we can pretend as if this never happened."

The fierce tone behind his English accent made me cower. I froze as I calculated my next move.

What the fuck?

The way he looked at me, exploring my body as if he were undressing me, made my stomach flip. No one had ever observed me that way. With a sprinkle of courage, I searched the blank matter-of-fact expression that covered his face. This man was all business.

As his long eyelashes hit the tops of his slightly sun-kissed cheeks, I closed my eyes to regroup my thoughts, then opened them quickly. I couldn't let my nerves get the best of me. He moved his messy hair behind his ears, and then sat on the desk, waiting, wanting, daring me to make my move.

"Have you decided? Or are we going to waste the good portion of my time daydreaming?"

I swallowed.

All I ever wanted to do was live in Vegas among the lights and fast-paced city. How did I get myself into this? Take off my clothes? I wasn't some cheap whore to be bossed around. The thought of undressing in front of him disgusted me… or did it?

My heart sped as he watched with a lust and want so fierce I shivered. It was now or never, you only live once, right?

I peered behind him and stared at the Vegas strip in the distance. With perfect plump lips, and straight white teeth, Mr. Felton smiled at me. In that very moment, I decided to gamble. I didn't know why because I wasn't much for risks. If anyone was a play-it-safe type of girl, it was me. But in that moment, I wanted to be someone different. I wanted to know the outcome of what waited on the other side. I played with lady luck to see what hand she dealt. Maybe I would get lucky.




Review by Gia:
I loved this story.  It pulled me in right from the being.  I loved the scene where Jennifer meets Finnley. 
I first I was not a big fan of Finn.  He's a hot sexy alpha male.  At first his character comes of as an ass.  As the story went on and I got more background on Finn, I grew to like him. 
Jennifer is a strong character.  She seems to be trying to find her place in the world.  After a failed job interview for an accountant position, she ends up working for Finn's company.  It seems to be a stretch to go from wanting an accountant job to selling her virginity but the setting is Vegas and anything can happen in Vegas. 
I loved Luke.  He is a nice sweet character.  I liked him more than Finn.  You will have to read the book to find out how he fits in.   
I absolutely loved this book.  It is a definite must read.  There is no cliffhanger but we will get more in Weak Without Him.
5 Amazeballs Stars!!

Author Bio:
Lyra Parish loves to write, travel, and sing obnoxiously loud at the top of her lungs in the shower. Sweet love stories (along with the dirty ones) make her gush.

She is a firm believer that a person can never have too many cats, cups of coffee, or read to many happily ever after's. When she isn't busy writing, she can be found sipping various beverages from her non-alcoholic drink buffet, pimp slapping excel spreadsheets, or riding her bike.

Weak for Him (Weakness #1) is Lyra's debut novel. Weak Without Him (Weakness #2) will release Spring 2014. Lyra currently resides in Texas with her husband and black cat.

 
Author Interview:
Can you sum up Weak for Him in 25 words or less?
Oh wow. That’s a hard one. Ummm…
Virgin goes to Vegas after her parents death and learns how to live in a world where love is forbidden and money is king.



How did the idea for Weak for Him?
I was driving home listening to NPR and this story came on about a lady who sold her virginity on eBay for 750k. I was intrigued and thought to my self, "self, that would make an amazing story" ....but it was right around the time when I strived to be a YA author, so I ditched the idea and moved on. After a year, several failed attempts of writing not so great stories that were never published…. I started Weak for Him. In May 2013, I started drafting and had my synopsis written and placed that baby on Goodreads in June. Five months later the story was finished. Weak for Him spoke to me, very loudly, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to write anything else until this one was complete.
If you could compare your novel to another, what would it be?
Actually, I'm not sure. I don't read in the genre... I know, gasp! I do purchase a lot of novels that are in the genre, that are still on my to-read list, but I just haven't had a chance to lose myself in them yet. I guess my readers will have to do that for me! It's kind of a good thing though because that means others words and thoughts aren't seeping into my own. I was really unsure when I decided to write this because I knew either I would have an original story, or one that was so horrible that people would laugh at me. I'd like to think it was the first.
Would you do what Jennifer did?
A part of me really really wants to say yes, but it would be a lie. I'm somewhat old fashioned in a sense and think that it should be special (Not that it is NOT in Weak for Him, but you know what I mean). Maybe if I were in her exact situation with a hot young corporate big-wig offering me a job at a call high-end call service, I would consider it but cool skankalicious things like that don't really happen to me.
If you could have any actors play your leads, who would they be?
Jennifer – Megan Fox

Abbie – Billi Piper
Lori – Emma Stone
Jesse - Rachel McAdams
Finnley – Alex Pettyfer
Luke – Henry Clavill
I actually have a pinterest board for this very thing! 



Can you name one song that would sum up your characters?
Jennifer – Don’t Call It Love by Eliza Doolittle
Finnley – Dark Paradise by Lana Del Ray

Luke – Fix the World Up for You by James Morrison
If you want to hear the Weak for Him soundtrack, check out the playlist I created on Spotify.
What do you want your readers to get from your novel?
I hope most people think it’s a fun, sexy story that keeps them on the edge. Maybe the moral would be: Bad things happen but it's important to stay strong and keep going because sometimes Lady Luck really is on our side. #yolo
One quote that sums up Weak for Him:

I would have to say the quote at the beginning of the novel.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist. – Oscar Wilde
The question that everyone keeps asking is when will Weak Without Him (Book #2) be released?
I have some fans and advanced reviewers that wanted it before book 1 was released, but I can tell you that it won’t be long. My goal is to have it out before Summer. If I pimp slap my personal deadlines, it could be as early as April, but if not, for sure May 13. I can tell you this, all of my books will always release on the 13th (hence the early release of Weak for Him) because it's my lucky number.
Where can we follow you?

No comments:

Post a Comment