Friday, November 22, 2013

Featured Author: Cherry Adair Day 2

Welcome back Featured Author
Cherry Adair


Review of Ricochet:

I'm a huge Cherry Adair fan and one of my favorite series is the TFLAC series. This was a short, but sweet TFLAC book with great characters. Hannah and Grayson are both very well written hero and heroine. I love that Cherry Adair always makes both hero and heroine very capable and strong. Never weak and boring. My only downfall with this book was that it was so short and usually with all her TFLAC novels there is as much suspense as there is romance, this one was lacking that suspense for me, but still a great story! I would definitely recommend everyone reading all her TFLAC books and this is no exception! I give this book 4 AMAZEBALLS stars!!!

Reviewed by Tabitha 

Interview with Cherry:

  1. What book did you enjoy writing the most and why?
It's impossible to pick a favorite. Usually it's the book I've just finished. I love writing action adventure. I love the running, chasing, wild monkey sex of it all, and I love having to work really, really hard to find a place where they are not running-chasing, so they have time and a place for all that wild monkey sex. lol

  1. T-FLAC is such a cool group of characters and stories. How did the T-FLAC series come about?
I came up with the idea for T-FLAC on a verrrrry long flight home from a wonderful trip in Italy. I'd written 17 books- none of which sold, although I had a lot of bites, and had no intention of writing on the plane. But things conspired against me.
First, I ran out of books several days before the flight. Only a fellow book-a-holic knows the panicky, freaked out feeling of being bookless – for an hour, let alone a dozen! I ended up buying a thick book at the airport by an author I loved, for $80.00! Of course I'd already read it, but I tried to make it last once buckled into my seat.
In those days everyone still smoked on planes. I smoked, too, so I didn't give it much thought. . .But OMG I was on a plane full of Europeans – and they LOVED to smoke, and talk, and gather in large, boisterous groups right near my seat! I finished the book in an hour, and was faced with eleven, long, boring, noisy, smoky hours to go without a lethal weapon or even a parachute… lol!
In desperation, I started writing longhand in my notebook. Since I was feeling quite homicidal at that time, and since my subjects were within arm's reach, I decided to kill them all on paper (less possibility of going to jail that way). And since I didn't want to write about a serial killer, I had to come up with a way to kill a lot of people legally… lol!
So I started with who the Bad Guys would be (eyes left – all those freaking men standing in a large group, the entire freaking flight, chain smoking, drinking, talking and getting on my last nerve). Check.
I loved Italy. LOVED IT! So of course my story had to take place there. At that time, publishers weren't buying books set outside the USA. (Can you see a pattern here?) But I didn't care. This book was being written as a means of preventing my incarceration into a mental institution. (Killing the smokers + nothing to read = Murder/Insanity!)
And T-FLAC was born.  (And I gave up smoking cold turkey… lol!)I typed the book when I got home (my handwriting is almost completely illegible) and sent it in. The editor bought in within two weeks. WooHoo. That wrenched flight was so worth it 
  1. What's the last book you read?
I don't read as much as I used to. But reading is one of my favorite things to do. If I love a book, I read it twice. Once as a reader, and then again as a writer to see just how that author touched me. I adore Anne Stuart, Linda Howard, Nora Roberts, Elizabeth Lowell. . .
  1. What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
Oh, I'm all about random. Lol And I'm pretty much an open book. I have a crazy passion for new writers, and mentor many of them, and encourage (kick the butts!) of hundreds of others. I adore playing with readers on Facebook, and have fun giving stuff away at random. My accountant hates it, but I have such a blast, his wrath is worth it. lol

  1. What is your all-time favorite book?
Gone With The Wind.

  1. What is your inspiration to write?
Sitting down at my desk. My muse is always with me because I love what I do.

  1. What is coming up next after Ricochet?
It's top secret at the moment. Rest assured, it will be jam-packed with my unique blend of action, adventure, romance and suspense.




No comments:

Post a Comment